2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    In both of my NL leagues he went for $25 and $26. Can't ignore Father Time. Maybe another team will pick-up him up.
    How much money did he cost himself because of his greed?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      In both of my NL leagues he went for $25 and $26. Can't ignore Father Time. Maybe another team will pick-up him up.
      Maybe, but I don't see a reason for anyone to do so...power bat off the bench, maybe. But is that worth it?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hornsby;304435]Maybe, but I don't see a reason for anyone to do so...power bat off the bench, maybe. But is that worth it?[/QUOTE

Any team picking him up would get him at the minimum so no risk involved. But to answer your question he isn't worth it but then again I don't run any of the MLB teams so you never know.

BTW the one owner that won him for $25 actually bid $29 for him. We used the vickrey auction as in this case another team bid $24 the $29 is the winning bid but is only credited $25 off his FAAB amount. We go $1 plus the 2nd highest bid to determine the amount.

Comment

• Braves release former top prospect Aaron Blair.

Comment

• He's been finished for a while now.

Comment

• Is Anibal Sanchez even 50% real?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Is Anibal Sanchez even 50% real?
                Why yes, yes he is. He is only 34 years old and coming into his prime as evidenced by his lowest era and whip of his career. Why do you ask? Would you like to trade with me? I might let him go, but he is expensive.

All kidding aside I was trying to figure this out myself. I am wondering if he has done enough to add value to a bigger deal (2 for 1) to get me a keeper. If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't give anything for him. I expect him to implode and would like to move him before he does.

Comment

• Thanks Gregg. Yeah, I wouldn't give anything for him--I'm in a 14 team mixed league. But he is on the waiver wire. Was thinking of dropping Hector Rondon for him, as I lead the league in saves by a wide margin, and don't believe the Stros can actually quit Giles (they have flirted with it for years, but never do for good).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Thanks Gregg. Yeah, I wouldn't give anything for him--I'm in a 14 team mixed league. But he is on the waiver wire. Was thinking of dropping Hector Rondon for him, as I lead the league in saves by a wide margin, and don't believe the Stros can actually quit Giles (they have flirted with it for years, but never do for good).
                    Never drop a closer, a wise man once said to me...you should be able to get SOME sort of an asset for Rondon. And I'm pretty well done with Giles, as, I believe, the Astros are. He'll get saves here and there, but I don't think that he'll be "the man" in Houston again.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Why yes, yes he is. He is only 34 years old and coming into his prime as evidenced by his lowest era and whip of his career. Why do you ask? Would you like to trade with me? I might let him go, but he is expensive.

All kidding aside I was trying to figure this out myself. I am wondering if he has done enough to add value to a bigger deal (2 for 1) to get me a keeper. If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't give anything for him. I expect him to implode and would like to move him before he does.
                      As a Tiger fan who has watched him pitch many times if you can find a taker do it because time will run out on him. He will give up HR in bunches and is very hittable. This was another bad signing by the Tigers.

Comment

• Mike Soroka back to the DL with shoulder inflammation.

Comment

• Just thought it would be more appropriate to put the congrats in this thread ... congrats Mike!!!
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Wow yeah - dynamic team and great city. Real nice words from Anthopoulos - link
                            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• boo boo, wanted Mike in SF
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                                Wow yeah - dynamic team and great city. Real nice words from Anthopoulos - link
                                Outstanding! Thanks for the link. Congrats Mike!

Comment

Working...
                                X