2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    So Inciarte isnt the 4th best hitter ? If so, why wouldnt he bat 5th or even 6th to get more PA's, which would be around 60 or so from what i read.

So having a 2nd leadoff hitter is more productive than those extra PA's? I dont really know, just inquiring.
    His career OPS is just .730. He's not as good a hitter as Markakis (although a better player, Markakis can hit, but more or less nothing else, while Inciarte has speed and is an elite defensive CF) or the new launch-angle revolution version of Suzuki. And those two have more power, especially Suzuki, so it makes sense for them 4th and 5th. At that point, you are probably better off putting Inciarte at 9th, in front of the good hitters (because he has some on-base skills and speed).

FWIW, he's 9th in OPS among the Braves hitters this year, behind all of the Braves regulars and Tucker. He should be a bit better than that, but really, as a hitter, all his has are leadoff skills, but since the Braves have better for that role, secondary leadoff is probably the best for him. You could make an argument for him sixth or seventh, but I would think his fantasy stats will be better at 9th than those positions because of the extra runs hitting in front of the top of the lineup.

Comment

• As well as they are playing, doesn't it make sense for them to be very deliberate in even thinking about bringing up Jose Bautista and anointing him their regular 3B? I know Bautista can add pop and intimidation to the lineup, but he presumably hurts the defense, may be at a point in his career where he's more of a two-outcome hitter, and could hurt the team chemistry. This team looks plenty solid offensively with Camargo at 3B.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        As well as they are playing, doesn't it make sense for them to be very deliberate in even thinking about bringing up Jose Bautista and anointing him their regular 3B? I know Bautista can add pop and intimidation to the lineup, but he presumably hurts the defense, may be at a point in his career where he's more of a two-outcome hitter, and could hurt the team chemistry. This team looks plenty solid offensively with Camargo at 3B.
        I seriously doubt Bautista brings anything to the team at this point in his career. On the other hand, his current hot streak notwithstanding, Camargo is a utility guy. His entire hot season notwithstanding, Flaherty is replacement level. So, he's not really replacing anything of value. The defensive woes, however, will hurt, and the offense is good enough without a black hole at third base. My guess is that it ends badly but doesn't really cause any harm. For all of his disruptiveness, I never recall Bautista being disliked by his own teammates.

Comment

• Inciarte's best skill is getting on base, which he has historically done very well. Reducing his number of plate appearances seems puzzling

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Inciarte's best skill is getting on base, which he has historically done very well. Reducing his number of plate appearances seems puzzling
            It's all relative. Here are the Braves regulars, in order of career OBP:

Acuna: .432 (sample too small for meaning)
            Freeman: .378
            Markakis: .359
            Albies: .343
            Inciarte: .340
            Camargo: .332
            Swanson: .324
            Suzukl: .315 (but over .350 since he changed his swing at the start of last year)

That's a lot of good hitters. Given Inciarte's lack of power, I can see what the Braves are doing. There is an argument for batting him sixth or seventh, but that seems worse than ninth to me.

Comment

• Jose Bautista is being recalled for tonight's game.

Comment

• Great more FAAB $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  Great more FAAB $$$.
                  If I could spend .50 cents, I wouldn't do it...he hasn't been good as an outfielder for a few years now, I don't see any way that he rediscovers his youth at 3rd.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    If I could spend .50 cents, I wouldn't do it...he hasn't been good as an outfielder for a few years now, I don't see any way that he rediscovers his youth at 3rd.
                    He's probably the same crappy average moderate power guy he was last year. He makes sense in deep only leagues, but that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      In my other NL league I guarantee he'll go at least $9 or higher. We also have Soroka and Kingham available. I'll will bid on all 3 but at 3rd I have Panda there while awaiting Harrison return. I won't much on Bautista and kinda of hope he hit a couple of HR before bidding. I swear any player who is a free agent who has a good performance is like a hot chick walking by a group of guys outside at lunchtime.

Comment

• Huzzah!

Braves' manager Brian Snitker said after Sunday's game that Mike Soroka will remain in the team's starting rotation.
                        Despite his struggles against the Giants on Sunday, it looks as though the 20-year-old hurler is here to stay. Anibal Sanchez is expected to be shifted to the bullpen once he's healthy.
                        Source: Kevin McAlpin on TwitterMay 6 - 6:19 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Huzzah!

Braves' manager Brian Snitker said after Sunday's game that Mike Soroka will remain in the team's starting rotation.
                          Despite his struggles against the Giants on Sunday, it looks as though the 20-year-old hurler is here to stay. Anibal Sanchez is expected to be shifted to the bullpen once he's healthy.
                          Source: Kevin McAlpin on TwitterMay 6 - 6:19 PM
                          Crap...this cant be good news for we Gohara owners

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Crap...this cant be good news for we Gohara owners
                            Probably not. Gohara, FYI, was getting his head handed to him at AAA though, so maybe that's a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Probably not. Gohara, FYI, was getting his head handed to him at AAA though, so maybe that's a good thing.
                              I wouldn't be too worried about Gohara. He's just finishing Spring Training for him, more or less. If he has a couple of good starts in a row, he'll be up. And Soroka will stay. No rotation stays that healthy too long---and if he performs, he'll keep the job. And the Braves might throw in a sixth starter at some point. After a day off tomorrow, they have 30 games in 30 days (one off day and one double header). There will be plenty of opportunity for all of the Braves' young arms, although if they stay in contention, they might start identifying a few who they think have stuff that will play up in the pen and move them there and promote them, because their current MLB bullpen is a dumpster fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                ...because their current MLB bullpen is a dumpster fire.
                                Winkler, Freeman and Minter are all very very good. Carle has been awesome, but I'm not buying it. Vizcaino is kinda meh for a closer, but he hasn't been bad at all.

It's not a complete pen from top to bottom, but I wouldn't classify it as a "dumpster fire."

Comment

Working...
                                X