No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he goes on DL, do they bring up Acuna?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Doubtful. Acuna will now be up once he gets hot. If he were hitting .350 in AAA, he would no longer be in AAA. One of Tucker/Adams/Bourjus would be DFA'd for Acuna. Carlos Franco maybe? (Their AAA first baseman; he's not particularly relevant to anything, typical minor league veteran type, I think.)

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        If he goes on DL, do they bring up Acuna?

J
        I can't imagine that they would. I think that decision is entirely based on Acuna. When they deem that he is ready it won't take an injury to prompt his promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Minor miracle if true. Hit him in the exact same spot, and his reaction indicated that he thought it was broken.
          Apparently, miracles can come true. Per Mark Bowman (Braves beat writer for mlb), tests confirm that the wrist is not broken, and Freddie is already trying to talk his way into tonight's lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Apparently, miracles can come true. Per Mark Bowman (Braves beat writer for mlb), tests confirm that the wrist is not broken, and Freddie is already trying to talk his way into tonight's lineup.
            Wow, so much better than I anticipated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Wow, so much better than I anticipated.
              Broken bones heal stronger than original.

Comment

• Mike Soroka will be getting the call if Teheran can't go on Wednesday. In any case, Soroka is the next in line, so if he's available in your league, grab him.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Mike Soroka will be getting the call if Teheran can't go on Wednesday. In any case, Soroka is the next in line, so if he's available in your league, grab him.
                  I think Gohara is next in line, as soon as he returns fully from his injury. I am fairly certain he would have gotten this call over Soroka if he was ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    I think Gohara is next in line, as soon as he returns fully from his injury. I am fairly certain he would have gotten this call over Soroka if he was ready.
                    Perhaps, but Soroka has been mowing them down at AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Perhaps, but Soroka has been mowing them down at AAA.
                      He sure has. But if we're talking about who is next to get a shot to stick in the Atlanta rotation, I'd strongly suspect that Gohara is ahead of Soroka in line. This isn't to say that Soroka isn't a good get, he is.

Comment

He sure has. But if we're talking about who is next to get a shot to stick in the Atlanta rotation, I'd strongly suspect that Gohara is ahead of Soroka in line. This isn't to say that Soroka isn't a good get, he is.
                        Jim Bowden seems to think Soroka is the choice and once he’s up, he’s here to stay. Not saying you’re wrong, but I’d jump on Soroka if he’s available.

Comment

Soroka's last start was skipped in case he is needed this week.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Yes, Soroka's start was skipped, and he'll be up for Teheran if necessary. There is also the fifth starter spot available. Gohara has one or two more AAA starts scheduled; he is expected to take that spot afterwards. No reason they can't both be up. Wisler/Anibal Sanchez is not blocking anyone, and Teheran looked like something was seriously wrong Friday night.

Comment

• Will Flowers take back his primary catching duties, or will he be in more of a time split or back up role to Suzuki?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                Will Flowers take back his primary catching duties, or will he be in more of a time split or back up role to Suzuki?
                                I'm kind of assuming they'll go back to 50-50ish with a slight lean towards whoever is hitting better at the time. It worked last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X