Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEVER drop a guy like this

his xERA is 3.88

if he continues to get smacked, he'll get some time off on the DL and your problem is "solved" anyway
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Can't drop someone with his other skills. He won't be elite, but normalization should be more comfortable to own than the shitshow that has happened thus far. A .390 BABIP screams to his lack of command.

He has a .415 BABIP when he's AHEAD in the count! This all looks mechanical, so perhaps he's trying to hide something, because he's elevating way too many pitches in the zone when he's up in the count. Last year, he had a 17% swinging strike rate when ahead in the count. This year - 10%. His pitch mixture is the exact same was it was last season, but everything is up. This is where his pitches are being located when he's ahead in the count this season according to Daren Willman's work via baseballsavant

Comment

The back issue would help explain the issue with leaving the ball up - hard to get the ball down when you're having difficulty bending your back on the follow-through.

Comment

X-Rays on Werth's wrist found small fractures and he's now out until at least August.

Comment

Thankfully Werthless this year.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Strasburg pulled after one inning after undisclosed injury.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                Strasburg pulled after one inning after undisclosed injury.
                damn....is there anyone in the world who anticipated this disaster? I almost feel bad for anyone who drafted him.

Comment

Is there any real chance we see Giolito soon?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Did they forget that they called up Wilmer Difo? They did notice him sitting over there in the dug-out, right? I get calling a guy up to get a taste of the majors for a few days, and then sending him back down. But he's been up for 11 days and has yet to play 1 inning on the field, and has just 3 pinch-hit at bats. How is that productive for his development?

Comment

Strasburg to the DL with neck tightness.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Strasburg to the DL with neck tightness.
                        It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was related to his back troubles a few weeks ago. They should have DL'd him then instead of hurting the team by allowing a less effective pitcher continue to take the mound. Here's hoping he's back to being a very good pitcher when he returns.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Is there any real chance we see Giolito soon?

J
                          No. He hasn't been great so far this year in the minors. He still has a ways to go. I think June of 2016 is the earliest you can expect him.

Comment

yeah, I own Giolito and would be surprised to see him at all in 2016, either. he's just a kid.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Line ups posted for Washington for today. Yet another game soaking up the sun for Wilmer Difo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                No. He hasn't been great so far this year in the minors. He still has a ways to go. I think June of 2016 is the earliest you can expect him.
                                I don't think that it's a matter of how he's doing, he's always been a guy who just works on his pitches and his approach more than willing a game. He knows what the end game is, as do the Nats. Plus, he's still in A ball, and would need at least 100 innings at a higher level before Washington would even consider moving him up, IMO. My guess is pretty much the middle of next year...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X