2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    The the hell is up with Ryan Zimmeran?! Has he ever had a stretch this dominate before? I keep waiting for the inevitable regression, but he keeps hitting.
    He had a long talk with Daniel Murphy.

No, seriously, they went through a similar transition. He's focusing on getting better launch angles. And he's healthy.

I'm surprised at how little conversation there is on this site about him.

I mentioned his altered approach once or twice I think, but haven't seen much else.

He leads the league in batting average, slugging, OPS, hits, total bases, home runs (tied with Eric Thames), RBI, and extra-base hits.

He won't keep that AVG/BABIP up in the .400s (obviously), but this looks like it may be real to some extent. He could be a top 60 type player.

Comment

• Zimm had really good exit velocity last year. He was just pounding everything into the ground. So Murphy told him "hit the ball UP, stupid" and he kept the exit velocity, so now he's a star.

Also, health.

Comment

• Murphy made that adjustment not long before the 2015 postseason, and the results were...... spectacular.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Joe Ross demoted to AAA.

Comment

• Looks like the Nats are not quite ready to let Harper walk off into the free agent sunset. They fired the 1st bullet today by giving him an amazing 21.65 million for his final arbitration year, now they have a full 18 months or so to come to some sort of an amicable deal.

Smart move by Washington to let Harper know that they're serious about keeping him...those dollars might just buy a LOT of loyalty.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Looks like the Nats are not quite ready to let Harper walk off into the free agent sunset. They fired the 1st bullet today by giving him an amazing 21.65 million for his final arbitration year, now they have a full 18 months or so to come to some sort of an amicable deal.

Smart move by Washington to let Harper know that they're serious about keeping him...those dollars might just buy a LOT of loyalty.
              I'm giving Washington an 85% chance of signing him long-term. They'll pay him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Looks like the Nats are not quite ready to let Harper walk off into the free agent sunset. They fired the 1st bullet today by giving him an amazing 21.65 million for his final arbitration year, now they have a full 18 months or so to come to some sort of an amicable deal.

Maybe. I think they're hedging against the kind of arb award he could get if he wins the MVP this year. At least they're talking, but if you're a Nats fan, what you really want is them tearing up that 1-year deal and replacing it with a 5-year deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Maybe. I think they're hedging against the kind of arb award he could get if he wins the MVP this year. At least they're talking, but if you're a Nats fan, what you really want is them tearing up that 1-year deal and replacing it with a 5-year deal.
                  More like a 10 year, Trout-like deal. I think that they bought some time, and good will with Boras, with this outlay of cash. The Nats already have a good working relationship with Boras, and this will do nothing but enhance it. I think that he'll still take Harper to Free Agency, but just to establish what the parameters of a contract may be,

I just don't see the Yankees as a major player in FA any more, with Hal running the operation. I could be wrong...but they may fool themselves into believing that they really don't need a Harper with the kids they've got coming up.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Anthony Rendon finally wakes from his season-long slumber and is 4-for-4 with 2 HRs and 9 RBIs -- and it's still the 6th inning! Major league record for RBIs in a game is 12, and only 13 players have ever had 10+ RBIs in a single game.
                    He's 3 for 3 with 2 HR and 5 RBI in the fourth inning today.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Joe Ross hits the DL and is rumored to need TJ surgery......

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Joe Ross hits the DL and is rumored to need TJ surgery......
                        Reynaldo Lopez would be a good SP for them to call up...never mind.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Everyone talks about the Nats' big 3 of Harper, Murphy and Zimmerman, but man, Anthony Rendon is having a yuuuuge campaign. His 18 HRs are 3 less than his career high, and his OPS+ of 156 is blowing away his previous high of 121. But what may be most impressive is his 51-48 BB-K ratio, which is blowing away his previous norms of 1 BB to 2 Ks.

Comment

• deal done: Doolittle & Madson to the Nationals for Treinan and 2 prospects

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              deal done: Doolittle & Madson to the Nationals for Treinan and 2 prospects
                              What is your opinion of the incoming players to Oakland ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                deal done: Doolittle & Madson to the Nationals for Treinan and 2 prospects
                                And Dusty gets to continue toying with fantasy managers.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X