2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Taylor sucks. Another "toolsy" player that can't hit.
    correct. 42 stolen base pace is useless in fantasy baseball 2018.

dump him
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      correct. 42 stolen base pace is useless in fantasy baseball 2018.

dump him
      So you think he will steal 42 bases? He stole exactly 1 the last 2 weeks. He is hitting below .200. Why would you think he will steal 42 bases?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        Murphy doesn't see to be coming back anytime soon, knee still in pain, is Difo a good super utility/Swiss Army knife kind of option until Murphy returns? Seems to be getting regular AB's lately between 3B/2B, last 21 days hitting almost .300 with .400+ OBP. Granted, Rendon had been out, too.

Have Yolmer Sanzhez at MI, and he's been almost as hot as Difo last three weeks—.300+ AVG, .350+ OBP—and getting more steady ABs, seems to be playing himself into a "he sticks all year on a rebuilding team" situation, but between the two...?
        I think I like Yolmer a little better, but they're pretty similar. I do think Difo could end up starting at 2B for most of the season. Yolmer might have a bit more pop. Not that that's saying a lot.

Comment

So you think he will steal 42 bases? He stole exactly 1 the last 2 weeks. He is hitting below .200. Why would you think he will steal 42 bases?
          because thats what he is on pace for.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

So do you think he will hit below .200 for the whole season? He hit exactly .282 for the last 2 weeks of April. He has 10 SBs already. Why would you think he will hit below .200?

Comment

• Taylor hits lefties, doesn't hit righties well. although it's harder to steal bases vs LHP. so if you want a low BA and the obligatory SB if he gets on base play him vs RHP. if you want a better BA and HR and maybe SB play him vs LHP. good player, just on the wrong side of a split... if he has the playing time.

Comment

• Taylor can hit .240, and with his power, speed, and defense, that plays just fine.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  So do you think he will hit below .200 for the whole season? He hit exactly .282 for the last 2 weeks of April. He has 10 SBs already. Why would you think he will hit below .200?
                  Even if he hits.230, do you think he will steal 42 bases? On pace changes daily.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Taylor can hit .240, and with his power, speed, and defense, that plays just fine.
                    Sure he CAN. Defense is immaterial in my fantasy league.

Comment

Sure he CAN. Defense is immaterial in my fantasy league.
                      Defense keeps him in the lineup when he's slumping. Staying in the lineup increases his opportunities for home runs and stolen bases. Of course, it also increases the damage done by his low average, but that's presumably the player you paid for. The hit to average should have been known and should have made him less expensive than other guys who have that kind of power-speed potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        Defense keeps him in the lineup when he's slumping. Staying in the lineup increases his opportunities for home runs and stolen bases. Of course, it also increases the damage done by his low average, but that's presumably the player you paid for. The hit to average should have been known and should have made him less expensive than other guys who have that kind of power-speed potential.
                        He was a $2 end game buy, so i didn't expect much from him. He's not usually in my lineup. Maybe he will pick it up and I can have the confidence to actually start him.

Comment

• Looks like Eaton had to have surgery today in Green Bay, 3 different Doctors couldn't see any reason for his pain on the MRI, so they went ahead and did surgery, and found a cartilage tear that was removed. The Nats expect him back, but there's no timeline right now.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Looks like Eaton had to have surgery today in Green Bay, 3 different Doctors couldn't see any reason for his pain on the MRI, so they went ahead and did surgery, and found a cartilage tear that was removed. The Nats expect him back, but there's no timeline right now.
                            This went from Eaton saying he should out a day or two back in the first week of April. Now it it will be weeks, months or maybe 2019. Losing him on my team is a hole that won't be filled anytime soon.

Comment

• I won last year after paying 18 for this guy, and froze him again this year - and am in 2nd place

I feel like a guy who runs laps with weights on his ankles - with no weights next year, I'll really soar!

fun fact: he led the NL in Runs Scored at the time of both fatal April injuries
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Now guys, you have to agree with me that Taylor fucking blows. He sucks. He cant hit shit

Comment

Working...
                                X