No announcement yet.

2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Harper becomes the first player in 100 years to get on base seven times in one game without registering an official at-bat (6 BBs, 1 HBP).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Bryce Harper becomes the first player in 100 years to get on base seven times in one game without registering an official at-bat.
      That's crazy!!!

Comment

• Six walks by Harper ties him with four other players for the MLB single game record.

Walt Wilmot (Cubs) 1891 - 9 innings
        Jimmie Foxx (Red Sox) 1938 - 9 innings
        Andre Thornton (Indians) 1984 - 16 innings
        Jeff Bagwell (Astros) 1999 - 16 innings
        Bryce Harper (Nationals) 2016 - 13 innings
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bryce Harper has now gone 12 consecutive plate appearances without an official at bat! Not sure if that is a record or not.

6 BBs & 1 HBP in 7 PAs on Sunday

3 BBs and a SF in 4 PAs on Saturday

plus a BB in his final PA on Friday.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Bryce Harper has now gone 12 consecutive plate appearances without an official at bat! Not sure if that is a record or not.

6 BBs & 1 HBP in 7 PAs on Sunday

3 BBs and a SF in 4 PAs on Saturday

plus a BB in his final PA on Friday.
            Dude absolutely sucks in AVG. leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              Dude absolutely sucks in AVG. leagues.
              Maybe Harper will get something to hit when he isn't facing Joe Maddon & Co.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe Harper will get something to hit when he isn't facing Joe Maddon & Co.
                why wouldn't you give him the Bonds treatment?
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  why wouldn't you give him the Bonds treatment?
                  I'm not saying it's the wrong approach for an opposing team. Especially with the Cubs sweeping the four game series. It's just not much fun for Harper's fantasy owners unless he goes on a stolen base binge.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• related: Ryan Zimmerman went 1 for 7 with a double and RBI but left 14 men on base, tied for the most in the last 60 years according to Retrosheet. Gus Triandos (15 innings), Ron Cey (19 innings), and Jose Bautista (19 innings) all had more PA than Zimmerman though.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Sounds like Steven Strasburg is going to sign a 7 year, $175 million extension.
                      Now all they need to do is lock up Harper! Something tells me that's going to take a lot more than $175m!

Comment

• Maybe all of those walks are starting to get to Harper:

Bryce Harper is facing a possible fine or suspension for his actions in Monday's game against the Tigers.
                        Harper was ejected from Monday's game by home plate umpire Brian Knight after expressing his disagreement from the dugout to a called third strike to Danny Espinosa. He had to be restrained by coaches after the ejection and later returned to the field after a walk-off homer by Clint Robinson and could be seen yelling expletives at Knight. Players aren't allowed to return to the field after being ejected, so this puts him at risk for punishment from MLB.
                        Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter via Rotoworld
                        May 10 - 12:13 PM

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe all of those walks are starting to get to Harper:

Bryce Harper is facing a possible fine or suspension for his actions in Monday's game against the Tigers.
                          Harper was ejected from Monday's game by home plate umpire Brian Knight after expressing his disagreement from the dugout to a called third strike to Danny Espinosa. He had to be restrained by coaches after the ejection and later returned to the field after a walk-off homer by Clint Robinson and could be seen yelling expletives at Knight. Players aren't allowed to return to the field after being ejected, so this puts him at risk for punishment from MLB.
                          Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter via Rotoworld
                          May 10 - 12:13 PM
                          How come Pap's didn't give him another choke hold to keep bryce off the field ??

Comment

• Game was over, stupid if he gets suspended.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Getting ejected for arguing another player's balls & strikes is just part of how you make baseball fun again.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I have more invested in Ben Revere than perhaps any other player in the majors this year (suffice it to say Im doing shitty at the moment). For those of you watching regularly, does he look as lost as his box scores do? Im hoping he is making decent contact and getting unlucky because at this point it is all I have to hold onto. arrrgh.

Comment

Working...
                                X