2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    That nobody has a crystal ball to see what will happen in the future...

Aiken and camp are betting on his talent and track record to date, Houston is betting on ???. That I simply don't know...and I'm not sure that they do either.
    So your case is that we cant predict the future? Its a good thing I checked with you on that because I really didnt know if could see into the future.

Aiken will not go #1 in next years draft. I dont need crystal balls to know that.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      So your case is that we cant predict the future? Its a good thing I checked with you on that because I really didnt know if could see into the future.

Aiken will not go #1 in next years draft. I dont need crystal balls to know that.
      You do NOT know that for a fact...simple as that.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I do.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

If you think so, then I take it as a point of personal pride that my case is sound...
          Pleased to be of service. Any time you need one of these simple pleasures, let me know.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Want a hat bet?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Pleased to be of service. Any time you need one of these simple pleasures, let me know.

Want a hat bet?

J
            What kind of terms are you talking/

-Warren Ellis

Comment

What kind of terms are you talking/

Comment

• Aiken could probably have a better season next season, or have the best amateur season of any player in the draft and still won't go #1. The Astros lowered the offer based on his unusual elbow structure and now that all teams are aware of it, it's highly unlikely another team will risk their #1 pick and #1 slot money. He will fall in the draft. No matter how he performs, his elbow will still be the same, or worse.
                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

LOL...there's a potential issue with EVERY pitcher down the road. Every. Last. One. It's the totally unnatural act of throwing an object repeatedly, at high rates of speed, and trying to get it to do things that it shouldn't aerodynamically.

You can take it however you want, it makes no difference. 5 different doctors saw Aiken, and they all have opinions...but none of them said that this kid can't pitch, or is going to break down in the next (blank) years. If that was the case, the Astros wouldn't have continued to try to sign him. 5 million is a whole lot of money to invest in someone that you've been told is likely to break down, and his repair is going to be highly questionable. Look at the list of pitchers just this season who've had arm and shoulder injuries...none of them are predictable, and neither is this one. If you have a crystal ball that can tell the future, let me know...
                  LOL yourself. they all said he's got weird plumbing. and TJ wouldn't be straightforward. there may be no need for it in the end, but it's a risk.

if you don't recognize that as a warning sign, well, OK, maybe you've never been exposed to risk mitigation in your areas of work or hobby.

oh, wait. it's horns. and he's dug his heels in.

i give.
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                    lol

Comment

LOL yourself. they all said he's got weird plumbing. and TJ wouldn't be straightforward. there may be no need for it in the end, but it's a risk.

if you don't recognize that as a warning sign, well, OK, maybe you've never been exposed to risk mitigation in your areas of work or hobby.

i give.
                      I just find it amusing how people look at the status quo and automatically say, "it's as good as it can be" when it's clearly not. This has already been dubbed the year of the elbow because of the phenomenal numbers of TJ surgeries. So clearly the elbow is a flawed structure, and clearly the act of pitching is harmful to said structure. Why automatically look at something that's structured differently and say that it's bad? Maybe it'll actually turn out to be better for the kid...surrounding muscle groups built up to help take the strain off the elbow, allowing him to throw a 97 MPH fastball and a great breaking ball without putting as much strain on a flawed design.

Dare to think outside the box people, open your minds up!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Why automatically look at something that's structured differently and say that it's bad?
                        nobody said it was bad.

it's a risk.

you continue to fail to understand this concept.
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

nobody said it was bad.

it's a risk.

you continue to fail to understand this concept.
                          No, I understand the concept perfectly, I'm the one in this thread who pointed out, repeatedly, that pitching is an unnatural act and as such, has risk for EVERYONE. You seem intent on peering into the future and deciding that the physical makeup of Brady Aiken is bad, simply because it's different. We don't know that, we can't know that. he may blow out his arm tomorrow playing catch, he may pitch for 15 years without a problem.

You decided that it was bad when you stated that it was at least a yellow flag for you, and more likely a red flag...again, different doesn't necessarily mean worse...often it mean nothing at all,

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• smh.

i didn't say it was "bad," i said it was a risk. despite the fact that you say you understand the distinction, your posts indicate you don't.

sigh. i knew i should have stopped when i said i would.

Comment

allowing him to throw a 97 MPH fastball
                              Aiken topped out at 95 and normally worked a bit lower than that. Also, HS and college pitchers generally dont throw as hard in the majors while working on 5 days rest so I'd guess he'd be no better than 91-93 in the majors.

I'm the one in this thread who pointed out, repeatedly, that pitching is an unnatural act and as such, has risk for EVERYONE.
                              thanks for teaching us about this concept. I'm sure no one here knew this.

Comment

• Happy to be of service to needy types like yourself.

Aiken struck out 111 of the 228 batters he faced as a senior at Cathedral Catholic High, walking 15 and posting a 7-0 record with a 1.06 ERA in 59 2/3 innings. The 6-3, 210-pound Aiken thrust himself into the discussion for the top overall selection by increasing his fastball velocity from 92 to 97 mph as a senior and improving what was already a solid curveball.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X