2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    How much FAAB if it's his price for 2017 only?
    Maybe $5? $7? He could get 450-500 ABs but no idea what he does with them.

Comment

I'd go for $7 if you have to keep him at the FAAB price. He should have 3B eligibility, so there's some value there.

I've only seen him once so far, and I didn't think his defense was that bad at 3B. From all the descriptions when he was called up, I was expecting Ryan Braun level butchery.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
        Ryon Healy called up. I assume 1B/DH, but may get a shot at 3B if Valencia gets moved. From what I've read, not much with the glove, but he's raked in AA and AAA this year.
        For what it is worth, I read somewhere that Healy's home park this season knocks down offense relative to the rest of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
          For what it is worth, I read somewhere that Healy's home park this season knocks down offense relative to the rest of the league.
          Not as much as Oakland though. He's 24, so still prospect age.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Maybe $5? $7? He could get 450-500 ABs but no idea what he does with them.
            He went for $8. :P

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

He went for $10 in my AL-only 5x5 keeper league.

Comment

Got him in my hometown league. So if he sucks....
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I bid $16 and lost out at $24. 12 only 5x5.

Comment

I'm watching the A's broadcast of their game tonight, and they announce that one day this weekend is "Jewish Heritage Night" (really)! And the music they're playing? Hava Nagilah (really!) Is this like 1955 or something?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I'm watching the A's broadcast of their game tonight, and they announce that one day this weekend is "Jewish Heritage Night" (really)! And the music they're playing? Hava Nagilah (really!) Is this like 1955 or something?
                      Pretty much every club has done that for years. It's pretty stupid and simplistic.

Comment

This must be that bad clubhouse chemistry that I've heard about as the reason for wanting to trade Valencia:

"Billy Butler missed Saturday and Sunday's games against the White Sox, not due to illness as previously reported, but injuries sustained in an altercation with teammate Danny Valencia.
                        The alleged incident occurred on Friday night. While manager Bob Melvin wouldn't comment on the incident, he simply noted that Butler sat out due to nausea and vomiting, though he didn't have the flu. Those symptoms are often associated with concussions, though it's unclear if he sustained a concussion from the altercation with Valencia."

Source: San Francisco Chronicle via Rotoworld
                        Aug 21 - 10:02 PM
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Funny - within the last two weeks, Eno Sarris basically said on his podcast that Butler is a clubhouse dick, and not well liked.
                          And Eno rarely says such negative things.
                          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

more context: http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/08/22/...orsement-deal/
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              If someone cost me 10k+ and then taunted me about it and practically begged me to punch him by calling me a bitch who wouldn't do anything about it, and basically promised to do it again if he had the chance, I'd probably have punched him as well.
                              Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-22-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Butler Gone.

Athletics release DH Billy Butler.
                                Oakland giving Butler a three-year, $30 million contract seemed odd at the time it happened and it has gone down as a colossal bust of a free agent signing. It's a bitter pill for the club to swallow, as Butler is still owed $10 million next season in addition to what remains of his $10 million salary this year. However, he's a sunk cost at this point and the A's have decided to move on. The team has been mixing and matching in the designated hitter spot of late and should continue to do so in the final weeks.
                                (source: Rotoworld) Sep 11 - 1:36 PM
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X