No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four straight multi-hit games for Burns, who is now batting .327. Also stole 2 bases tonight to give him 9 in his first month.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pomeranz will be activated tomorrow but has been removed from the rotation.

Comment

marcus Semien has made his 20th error of the season. My god.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          marcus Semien has made his 20th error of the season. My god.
          Wow, that is nuts. I don't know how he can keep a job in the field if that keeps up. He's on pace for the post WWII record. Donaldson was the AL leader in errors last year with 23. For the whole year.

He now has more errors than Omar Vizquel had in 23 of his 24 seasons. He is tied with Vizquel's worst year with 100 games to go.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-11-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            He now has more errors than Omar Vizquel had in 23 of his 24 seasons. He is tied with Vizquel's worst year with 100 games to go.
            this is awesome.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              this is awesome.
              So was Omar, really happy I to see him in SF when he still was magic out there, he just made things look effortless
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Doolittle transferred to the 60-day DL, so he's done until August at least.

Comment

Sonny Gray scratched from his start today against the Blue Jays in Toronto - back spasms, supposedly not serious.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

WTF happened to Vogt? I realize he would not keep up his excellent hitting all year, but since the beginning of June he has been putrid. It always confounds me how MLB hitters can be so damn good for a period of time, then just flat out suck. I wonder what happens?
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      WTF happened to Vogt? I realize he would not keep up his excellent hitting all year, but since the beginning of June he has been putrid. It always confounds me how MLB hitters can be so damn good for a period of time, then just flat out suck. I wonder what happens?
                      Must be mental weakness.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Is CoCo Crisp toast? He's batting something like .064! Trying to decide if I should drop him.

Comment

Why did Billy Burns stop stealing bases?
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Why did Billy Burns stop stealing bases?
                            How did Billy Burns get sent to AAA? Oh yeah, he couldn't steal first!

Comment

Ryon Healy called up. I assume 1B/DH, but may get a shot at 3B if Valencia gets moved. From what I've read, not much with the glove, but he's raked in AA and AAA this year.
                              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                                Ryon Healy called up. I assume 1B/DH, but may get a shot at 3B if Valencia gets moved. From what I've read, not much with the glove, but he's raked in AA and AAA this year.
                                How much FAAB if it's his price for 2017 only?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X