2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
    Let's get Justin Upton going on a long stretch of en fuego, please.
    He will. I hate streaky hitters, especially in my H2H format, but I reluctantly traded for him, because I needed the LFer, and I know a hot streak will come. And then a cold streak. And then a hot streak. Playing guys like this is like trying to time the market. If it is a weekly league, you are always afraid you'll bench him right when he explodes.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Ruh-roh: Garrett Richards going for a MRI on his right forearm.

And, different topic, but I found this rant/opinion piece hilarious: https://www.halosheaven.com/2018/7/1...-from-scioscia
      per Jeff Fletcher

The #Angels announced Garrett Richards has a damaged UCL. There has been no decision yet on whether he’ll undergo surgery. Richards was presented with different options.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        per Jeff Fletcher

The #Angels announced Garrett Richards has a damaged UCL. There has been no decision yet on whether he’ll undergo surgery. Richards was presented with different options.
        I can’t imagine any option allows him to pitch this year. Wow, the Angels are snakebitten.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          I can’t imagine any option allows him to pitch this year. Wow, the Angels are snakebitten.
          Richards reminds me a lot of Mark Gubicza - awesome stuff, high stress delivery, a lot of arm injuries. Ironically, Gubicza broadcasts for....the Angels
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            And no closer is safe from the Sciosciapath anyway.
            After 19 seasons as Angels manager, Mike Scioscia has announced that he won't return to the team next year.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• No comment is sufficient.

Sciosciapath, I love it.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                After 19 seasons as Angels manager, Mike Scioscia has announced that he won't return to the team next year.
                Brad Ausmus is the new Angels manager.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Justin Upton's toe outlook doesn't sound good ... per Mike DiGiovanna's twitter ...

The outlook for #Angels LF Justin Upton, who had MRI on big left toe today, doesn't seem good. "We're waiting for multiple opinions," MGR Brad Ausmus said. "We should know more tomorrow. He's not moving real good right now."
                  He has nine others, what's the big deal???
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Justin Upton's toe outlook doesn't sound good ... per Mike DiGiovanna's twitter ...

He has nine others, what's the big deal???
                    Is it the big toe? That's like the captain of the toes.
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      Is it the big toe? That's like the captain of the toes.
                      More like Sargent Hulka is the big Toe.
                      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Barria sent to AAA, apparently a person named Chris Stratton will start in the rotation instead.

Comment

• Andrew Heaney felt renewed discomfort in his left elbow while throwing a recent side session.
                          Per Rotoworld. Ruh-roh.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Per Rotoworld. Ruh-roh.
                            We have one mulligan on auction day this weekend. That means we can call back one of our own dropped players and drop a different one. I am thinking about bringing back $2 Fiers and dropping $2 Heaney. I have $44 for 13 players and can't take the chance of losing Heaney for extensive time.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Gregg - I would do that given your situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                We have one mulligan on auction day this weekend. That means we can call back one of our own dropped players and drop a different one. I am thinking about bringing back $2 Fiers and dropping $2 Heaney. I have $44 for 13 players and can't take the chance of losing Heaney for extensive time.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X