• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#600 for Pujols in grand fashion!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      #600 for Pujols in grand fashion!
      600 homers and 600 doubles...only others are Aaron and Bonds.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Next up in 2018, Pujols will be shooting for hit #3000 (needs 124) and possibly rbi #2000 (needs 141).
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Can't shake the feeling that greg holland is coming to anaheim

- writes a $2 blake parker owner

Comment

Did anyone see Simmons get hit today? He left the game and of course Im worried. Was it bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Did anyone see Simmons get hit today? He left the game and of course Im worried. Was it bad?
              Supposed to be just a contusion.

Comment

he seemed ok
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

What's the thought on Middleton as the Angels' closer? Is he going to be able to keep the role all season? Does he have the skills? I'm wondering if I should trade for him, giving up someone like Gausman (maybe yes) or Tim Anderson (probably no). I hate chasing saves...

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                    What's the thought on Middleton as the Angels' closer? Is he going to be able to keep the role all season? Does he have the skills? I'm wondering if I should trade for him, giving up someone like Gausman (maybe yes) or Tim Anderson (probably no). I hate chasing saves...
                    My answer will be he has the job until he blows it, which generally means three BSs in a short period of time. If Scioscia wanted someone else in the job, there really was no reason to even look at Middleton since everyone came in with a clean slate (Parker did have a rough spring, but that shouldn't have been enough). He's also the hardest thrower in the pen with an Avg Fastball 3-4 mph faster than Bedrosian and Parker.

Both are probably fair offers at this point in time.

Comment

• And as soon as that’s posted, he hits the DL with elbow inflammation.

Comment

• And no closer is safe from the Sciosciapath anyway.

Comment

• Andrew Heaney with the complete game one-hit shutout last night. He's allowed 2 ER or fewer in 8 of his last 9 and 1 ER or fewer in 7 of his last 9, and his ERA and WHIP on the season are down to 3.12 and 1.10, with 58 K against 19 BB in 60.2 IP. Very nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            Andrew Heaney with the complete game one-hit shutout last night. He's allowed 2 ER or fewer in 8 of his last 9 and 1 ER or fewer in 7 of his last 9, and his ERA and WHIP on the season are down to 3.12 and 1.10, with 58 K against 19 BB in 60.2 IP. Very nice!
                            indeed ... he's been doing it against some tough competition too (not last night tho, it was KC); if he can stay healthy he'll have some gaudy numbers this year.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Ruh-roh: Garrett Richards going for a MRI on his right forearm.

And, different topic, but I found this rant/opinion piece hilarious: https://www.halosheaven.com/2018/7/1...-from-scioscia
                              Last edited by chancellor; 07-11-2018, 10:16 AM.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Let's get Justin Upton going on a long stretch of en fuego, please.
                                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
                                X