2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Once they got rid of Buxton, they were no longer the worst team in baseball.
    LOL...you haven't seen them play lately, have you? Lost 7 in a row and 1-9 in the last 10 games...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
      Garrett Richards has torn ulnar collateral ligament and is expected to need Tommy John surgery.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...90043397259264
      Despite a torn UCL, he's going to try and rehab it over TJ surgery. I can't see how this works out, but if it doesn't, he's now certain to miss the 2017 season as well.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Despite a torn UCL, he's going to try and rehab it over TJ surgery. I can't see how this works out, but if it doesn't, he's now certain to miss the 2017 season as well.
        Would you want to play for that team in 2017?

Fernando Salas with another save last night as Joe Smith worked too many games in a row and was unavailable. Not happy that Smith is missing out on the limited chances he might get, but I think he's still the guy if he's fresh.

Comment

Wow. Talk about a team that took a shovel and buried themselves. Their latest stepping stone out of the hole is Tim Lincecum. He pitched well against Oakland in his debut, one ER in 7 IP. Here is what they have at Fangraphs MASH Report.
          Tim Lincecum is in the Angels minor league system getting a few games under his belt before going the MLB club. Here is a report on his velocity

@pedromoura
          Through 4 innings on a Tempe Diablo back field, Tim Lincecum's fastball has been 87-91 mph. There's some sort of drone event at the stadium.
          1:02 PM - 28 May 2016

From 2012 to 2014 he averaged 90.4, 90.2, and 89.6 mph on his fastball per season. Over those seasons, the average of his ERA estimators were 3.90. An 3.90 ERA would put him in the Joe Ross – James Shields talent range (used Steamer ROS for comps). Not horrible.
          Troy Tulowitzki looks to miss the minimum DL time with a strained quadriceps. I am not 100% sure Tulo has an injury, but he could definitely use the break to get himself back together.

I sense a bit more upside than Big Game James. For one thing, those are early numbers. He as not settled in yet. The question is how much upside?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Lincecum showed his true self tonight, yielding 9 H+BB and 4 ER over 3 IP.

Comment

Good to have on the watch list and not in the lineup.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

ElD or any Dodger fans--what is the buzz on Brock Stewart? I know he wasn't much of a prospect heading into the year, and there are a lot of options ahead of him, but man is he having a hell of a year in the high minors, showing improved command and development of his change up as a legit out pitch. He looks ready for a trial in the majors for someone. Any chance he gets it on the Dodgers, or is traded?

BTW, David Hood has a good summary of his skills here:http://www.truebluela.com/2016/6/24/...dodgers-impact

Comment

Andrew Heaney to finally undergo TJ surgery tomorrow, and will likely miss all next season.

Comment

C.J. Cron 5 for 5 with 5 runs scored and 5 rbi including 2 homers

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                      And Carlos Perez 5 for 5 with 6 rbi.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        6 for 6. Just missed his third home run.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

CJ Cron to the DL with a broken hand.

Comment

Nick Tropeano (go Stony Brook!) becomes the latest Angel pitching breakdown, as he tore his UCL and is likely joining his colleagues on the shelf for the foreseeable future.

Comment

tyler skaggs rehab according to mlbfarm.com:

last 4 games: 22.2 inn, 12 hits, 3 walks, 3 earned runs, 35 strike outs

last 2 games: 12.2 inn, 2 hits, 3 walks, 0 earned runs, 26 strike outs

I read he is projected to be back in the rotation for Monday or Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                                I read he is projected to be back in the rotation for Monday or Tuesday
                                And have a torn UCL by Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X