2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    man, I just watched Stanton hit one well out to left centre with only his hands ... pitch was a change up on the low outside corner, probably not even in the zone, & Stanton just leaned over & hit a moon shot ... the guy is a monster.
    He's one of the very rare true 80 power guys. There are not many of those around in an era where it is harder to roid up. His problem has been health. If he can stay healthy for a whole year, he has the best shot of anyone in baseball at a 50 homer season.

Comment

• Check out this thing of beauty:

He hit that really really hard!

Comment

• Hey, anyone notice the 42-year old Ichiro is hitting .417 (25-for-60) on the season?

Speaking of Ichiro, it's a shame he didn't start in MLB earlier. If he had started at age 20 or 21, he'd be pushing Pete Rose for the all-time hits record. In fact, if you combine his Japanese career with his MLB career, he needs just 19 hits to break Rose's hit mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Hey, anyone notice the 42-year old Ichiro is hitting .417 (25-for-60) on the season?

Speaking of Ichiro, it's a shame he didn't start in MLB earlier. If he had started at age 20 or 21, he'd be pushing Pete Rose for the all-time hits record. In fact, if you combine his Japanese career with his MLB career, he needs just 19 hits to break Rose's hit mark.
          Yeah, i noticed that too and was wondering if Barry Bonds had anything to do with Ichiro's resurgence. I imagine most 42 year old future Hall of Famers aren't too receptive to advice from the new hitting coach. But, Bonds isn't your ordinary hitting coach.

I also wonder if Ichiro gets enough at bats this year to reach 3,000 career hits. He has 25 so far this year and needs 40 more. He also got his 500th career stolen base earlier this season.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Yeah, i noticed that too and was wondering if Barry Bonds had anything to do with Ichiro's resurgence. I imagine most 42 year old future Hall of Famers aren't too receptive to advice from the new hitting coach. But, Bonds isn't your ordinary hitting coach.

I also wonder if Ichiro gets enough at bats this year to reach 3,000 career hits. He has 25 so far this year and needs 40 more. He also got his 500th career stolen base earlier this season.
            With 40 more hits to go then he needs around 150 more ABs. That would be hitting .267. Seems plausible.

Comment

• I'm going to the last game before the ASB in Miami. I'm hoping he's at 2999 by that game

Comment

On one of the Marlins broadcasts Bonds was quoted as saying that he has not tried to change Ichiro's swing in any way.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Hey, anyone notice the 42-year old Ichiro is hitting .417 (25-for-60) on the season?

I've often thought/said the same--I think he would have had a good shot of passing Rose, and that would have been good for baseball, as the all time hits leader needs to be a HOFer. Either way, Ichiro is a first ballot HOFer for me. One of the all time great slap hitters, and I'm still amazed at what a cannon he had. I mean, you expect a cannon from physically imposing guys like Vlad and Puig, but skinny little Ichiro fired it back home with the best of them.

Comment

• Ichiro with 3 more hits Sunday to put his career total at 2994. He now has a .347 BA in 170 AB. Unless Mattingly decides to give Ichiro "some rest", he may get hit #3000 in the upcoming four game series in Philadelphia. After that, the Marlins have a 10 game home stand. I'm betting that Ichiro gets #3000 this weekend in Miami.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I guess Ozuna sat yesterday so Ichiro could get closer to 3000. Not because he needed a "breather" after two post ASB games?
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Mattingly would be crazy to start Ichiro at all in Philly...if any front office is telling their manager they need the gate bump, it is the Marlins'.

Comment

• Ichiro with 2,999 career hits and starting at Coors Field today.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ichiro with a triple for

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ichiro with a triple for
                              A truly deserving guy and a sure fire Hall of Famer...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Ichiro with a triple for
                                A great weekend for M's fans .....

1) Griffey has his number retired,
                                2) Ichiro gets #3,000, and
                                3) Alex Rodriguez gets notified of his pending release.

Smiles all around.
                                "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                                "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                                WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                                PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
                                X