Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Ron Washington resigned today.
    Personal matter, not drug related, according to the team.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Washington is going to be tough to replace. Player's coach, but also a teacher.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Derek Holland has been unhittable since his return.

Comment

• They may be good next year.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Ron Washington acknowledged in a press conference Thursday that an incident involving infidelity led to his sudden resignation from the Rangers.
            Washington didn't get into much detail and did not take questions from the gathered media. "I was not true to my wife," he admitted in a statement that lasted a little over three minutes. "After 42 years I broke my trust. I'm here today to own that and apologize to those I disappointed ... I look to the future and getting back to the game and my career."
            Source: Jeff Wilson on TwitterSep 18 - 2:48 PM

Comment

• In other news, they sweep the A's to run the win streak to 6. They are now in danger of missing 100 losses. worse, they have only 1/2 game lead in the race for the #1 pick.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Any thoughts on Jake Smolinski for 2015?

He has spent a lot of time in the minors, but he's still oly 25. He was a high draft pick out of High School. His plate discipline is good and there is some pop. If he hits for a reasonable average, he could be a table setter. OTOH, his defense moved him out of the infield and there is no speed.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Seriously, what is with the Rangers?

Four straight, 11 of 12, starting at most four veteran players.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• The Rangers should have a new manager by the end of the week.

The club announced Tuesday that it had narrowed its list of managerial candidates to three: Interim manager Tim Bogar, Pittsburgh Pirates bench coach Jeff Banister and Cleveland Indians bullpen coach Kevin Cash. All three are expected to get second, more formal interviews over the next three days.

Mike Maddux will not be the manager, but he will likely be back as the pitching coach. I doubt that Bogar will be held over, though he did nothing to lose the job. Banister is very young, but would be my first option. He's extremely focused and dedicated. Given the physical obstacles, it is a miracle he played professional athletics. Cash is the dark horse. He is supposed to be very innovative, but I don't know if he has the chops.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• It's Banister. Minor correction, Cash was the young one, age 36. Banister is 49.

J
                      Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-16-2014, 06:43 PM.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• How do you value Profar and Odor in keeper/dynasty leagues? 80% future value/20% 2015?

Where does Profar land long term, 2B, 3B, SS or OF?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          How do you value Profar and Odor in keeper/dynasty leagues? 80% future value/20% 2015?

Where does Profar land long term, 2B, 3B, SS or OF?

J
                          I still have an irrational love for Profar. I think this could be a tough season for him but I still think he's a borderline all-star down the road. I don't think Odor is the kind of guy who will stand in his way, but the Rangers might also be willing to move Andrus if they think Profar is back to 100%. I'd guess there's a 75-80% chance he ends up at either 2B/SS. There aren't a lot of 2Bs I want more for a dynasty league that doesn't weight this year very much.

Comment

• I'd be dumping Profar in a minute if I could get a good to very good prospect to replace him on my list. Labrum injury will very likely rob enough arm strength to eliminate him from SS consideration, and while he might still be good enough to move Odor off 2B, Odor will have a year plus head start on him.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Now a two year head start.

I love his stroke. Profar is going to hit. The question is where he plays when he comes back.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Darvish leaves game with right tricep tightness after 12 pitches

Comment

Working...
                                X