• deGrom scheduled to start next Sunday
    it actually makes sense
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      And they are also a poorly run, penny-pinching team, so there's a fit in that context as well.
      The Giants are poorly run? Theyve won 3 of the last 8 WS. What do you attribute that to?
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        The Giants are poorly run? Theyve won 3 of the last 8 WS. What do you attribute that to?
        I think that they're referring to Miami...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I hear Dodgers are looking for pitching.

Comment

• Cespedes left game with undisclosed injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I think that they're referring to Miami...
              aaaaah my mistake
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Harvey to the Reds for Mesoraco

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Harvey to the Reds for Mesoraco
                  That certainly sounds like a winning situation for Harvey...bandbox ballpark and a crappy team behind him. WIN! WIN!!!

OTOH, I kind of like the deal for the Mets...Mesoraco still has a decent stick. I'm shocked that they were able to get anything at all, and I'm doubly shocked that Cincy would deal for a guy who's probably never going to re-sign with them.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

That certainly sounds like a winning situation for Harvey...bandbox ballpark and a crappy team behind him. WIN! WIN!!!

OTOH, I kind of like the deal for the Mets...Mesoraco still has a decent stick. I'm shocked that they were able to get anything at all, and I'm doubly shocked that Cincy would deal for a guy who's probably never going to re-sign with them.
                    Mes wasnt either. Last year of his deal and they just signed Barnhart to a 5 year deal this past off-season.

no lose for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Harvey to the Reds for Mesoraco
                      REDS: SO... we have this catcher, Devon something, who's owed $13 million AMERICAN dollars this year and gets hurt as often, or more, than that dude you already have.

METS: Does this involve us losing Matt Harvey no matter what?

REDS: Yes.

METS: Thirteen-million-dollars for one season?? For THAT guy?! But we'd no longer have to see Harvey scowling in the bullpen playing Candy Crush on his phone?

REDS: Yes.

METS: Okay, we're listening...
                      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                      UTIL- Benintendi
                      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                      IL: Buxton

Comment

• It's not even that bad for the Mets. Both teams are paying the remainder of their traded player's contract, so the Mets aren't eating that $8M.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          It's not even that bad for the Mets. Both teams are paying the remainder of their traded player's contract, so the Mets aren't eating that $8M.
                          So double loss for Cincy then? Have to take Harvey AND pay Mesoraco? BONUS!

BTW, when are you going to accept my RJEL trade offer? I don't have a millenia to live ya know...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            It's not even that bad for the Mets. Both teams are paying the remainder of their traded player's contract, so the Mets aren't eating that $8M.
                            yup. both team takes each others headache and no obligation for anyone after 2018. wheres the downside?

Comment

He wants to establish that he's a legitimate starting pitcher, and this may be the only MLB team that would even allow him to try. It's as close to a win as he's going to get.
                              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Todd Frazier to the DL with a lingering hammy strain

Comment

Working...
                                X