2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Am starting to wonder if my 1B end-game auction-buy combo of Ishikawa and Overbay, even at 1 unit each, was overpriced

Yes, yes it was.

Comment

Lyle Overpaid with a SB last night!
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Ryan Braun retroactively placed on the disabled list this morning

Comment

Can Peralta keep this up? He looks dominating.

I know he won't maintain an ERA of close to 2.00..but can he be in the vicinity of 3.00 for the season?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Peralta has been on this roll for 20-25 starts now. He's legit

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Can Peralta keep this up? He looks dominating.

I know he won't maintain an ERA of close to 2.00..but can he be in the vicinity of 3.00 for the season?
              I doubt it. He's made some good improvement this year (K's and GB% are up, BB's are down) and he doesn't seem to get as frazzled as he did last year when things weren't going his way, but he's also been lucky (he's got a 90% strand rate). I'm guessing his ERA for remainder of the season ends up being between 3.75 and 4.25 (his FIP is 3.90) which would push his overall ERA up to around 3.50. Still not bad for a guy that you probably got for a $1 or off the waiver wire.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
                I doubt it. He's made some good improvement this year (K's and GB% are up, BB's are down) and he doesn't seem to get as frazzled as he did last year when things weren't going his way, but he's also been lucky (he's got a 90% strand rate). I'm guessing his ERA for remainder of the season ends up being between 3.75 and 4.25 (his FIP is 3.90) which would push his overall ERA up to around 3.50. Still not bad for a guy that you probably got for a $1 or off the waiver wire.
                He went for $6 in our 12 team NL only 40 man rosters. Somebody wishes they would have went to $7.

Comment

I'm a little more optimistic than jackmadden, but conceptually he's dead on. The strand rate is going to correct itself, and his ERA will go up. He's capable of a low 3ish ERA; how close he gets depends on how well his mental discipline holds up for the year and how well the improved control stays in place. I think he can pitch to the low end of jackmadden's prediction, 3.75 ERA.

If you're in a NL only league and dumping, Wily would be a guy I'd target. He has #1 stuff and will continue to improve, IMO.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

In one of my leagues, Peralta was kept at $1. I targeted and got him in my other four leagues, at prices of $1, $2, $4 (RJEL) and $12. So, Gregg's $6 seems about right. I think he's a perfect post-hype guy, and will probably end up around a 3 ERA.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      In one of my leagues, Peralta was kept at $1. I targeted and got him in my other four leagues, at prices of $1, $2, $4 (RJEL) and $12. So, Gregg's $6 seems about right. I think he's a perfect post-hype guy, and will probably end up around a 3 ERA.
                      $6 seems quite low if you think he will end up with a 3.0 ERA.

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
                        $6 seems quite low if you think he will end up with a 3.0 ERA.
                        I'm saying that seems within the range of what leagues paid for him this year. But as you can see by my assertive targeting, I was thinking he was worth more. When I paid $12 for him in my last draft, people cheered that he had got pushed so high. I don't think they're cheering now.

Comment

What's the word on Francisco Rodriguez for next year? He's a free agent and only 32. What are the chances he closes next year, for Milwaukee or somewhere else?
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            What's the word on Francisco Rodriguez for next year? He's a free agent and only 32. What are the chances he closes next year, for Milwaukee or somewhere else?
                            I don't see a reason why he won't close for someone next year.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I don't see a reason why he won't close for someone next year.
                              Do you (or anyone else) know if there has been any word from the Brewers about re-signing him?

I can get him in a deal and he'd be $4 next year but it's an NL only and if he signs with an AL team I'm out of luck.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                Do you (or anyone else) know if there has been any word from the Brewers about re-signing him?

I can get him in a deal and he'd be $4 next year but it's an NL only and if he signs with an AL team I'm out of luck.
                                Haven't heard anything myself, but without a clear replacement on their roster I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back unless he's asking for way too much money.

Comment

Working...
                                X