And only 53 K's. Wow.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• And yet they have the best record in the NL

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          And yet they have the best record in the NL
          are you crediting Chatwood for that?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Tyler Chatwood: 56 BBs in 57 IP.
            Rockies fans could have told the Cubs: It was more his command than the altitude. I'm sure his curveball is snappier at sea level, but if he couldn't control his flat Coors Field curveball, I don't why he'd have any better luck controlling a snappy Wrigley Field curveball. There's talent there, always has been - good luck mining it. Cubbies, you have two and a half more seasons to solve the Chatwood riddle. We sure couldn't.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              And yet they have the best record in the NL
              More and more, it's looking like this is the equivalent of saying "And yet the Raptors have the best record in the East." It's more reflective of the quality of the league than it is the quality of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                More and more, it's looking like this is the equivalent of saying "And yet the Raptors have the best record in the East." It's more reflective of the quality of the league than it is the quality of the team.
                Yea, they don't get to play the dominant competition in the AL East.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

And yet, the NL is 6-4 over the last 10 World Series and 3-3 over the last 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Yea, they don't get to play the dominant competition in the AL East.
                    Yankees fans... LOL. Has there ever been a tribe of people more intoxicated by the scent of their own sh!t?
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      And yet, the NL is 6-4 over the last 10 World Series and 3-3 over the last 6.
                      The East is 3-4 over the last 7 NBA Finals, but it doesn't speak to relative conference strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        Yankees fans... LOL. Has there ever been a tribe of people more intoxicated by the scent of their own sh!t?
                        I still view Houston as the favorite for the AL pennant, based on their starting pitching. But the Astros, Yankees, Red Sox and Indians (and maybe even the Mariners, although they strike me as fluky), are all better looking teams than any of the NL contenders at this point.

Comment

The East is 3-4 over the last 7 NBA Finals, but it doesn't speak to relative conference strength.
                          But it does show, almost regardless of perceived conference strength, that the best teams from each league in baseball are pretty evenly matched.

And now I'm defending the Cubs. I feel so dirty.

Comment

• Baez left tonight’s game after taking a fastball on the elbow.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Baez left tonight’s game after taking a fastball on the elbow.
                              seems minor. He expects to be in the lineup tonight.
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Ian Happ stinks. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X