No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs DFA catcher Miguel Montero after he blames Arrieta for allowing 7 steals in one game.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Cubs DFA catcher Miguel Montero after he blames Arrieta for allowing 7 steals in one game.
      Good riddance...he also whined about lack of playing time after they won the WS.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• And while he's probably right, Montero's rag arm didn't help matters either.

Wonder if the Cubs will bring in a recently DFA'd catcher to replace him?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Good riddance...he also whined about lack of playing time after they won the WS.
          Yeah, he doesn't seem like a team guy--you can't get away with that if you hit like Barry Bonds, but if you hit and throw and catch like Miggy Montero...well, you won't last long.

Comment

• Looks like Bryant twisted his ankle pretty good. I hope he is okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Looks like Bryant twisted his ankle pretty good. I hope he is okay.
              Seemed pretty minor -- he stepped on the corner of the bag while fielding a pop-up -- but he had to be helped off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Amen!

Buh bye.

Comment

• Lester was pummled today. Didn't even get out of the first inning...

Comment

• Not exactly the most reliable source, but Jim Bowden said on MLB Network Radio that the Chicago Cubs had called the Detroit Tigers about young starting pitchers Michael Fulmer and Daniel Norris. Bowden added that the Cubs had offered Kyle Schwarber for Michael Fulmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                      Not exactly the most reliable source, but Jim Bowden said on MLB Network Radio that the Chicago Cubs had called the Detroit Tigers about young starting pitchers Michael Fulmer and Daniel Norris. Bowden added that the Cubs had offered Kyle Schwarber for Michael Fulmer.

https://twitter.com/MLB_Roundup/stat...13122844856322
                      To which I would imagine the answer was; "And?"
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                        Not exactly the most reliable source, but Jim Bowden said on MLB Network Radio that the Chicago Cubs had called the Detroit Tigers about young starting pitchers Michael Fulmer and Daniel Norris. Bowden added that the Cubs had offered Kyle Schwarber for Michael Fulmer.

https://twitter.com/MLB_Roundup/stat...13122844856322
                        Anything else on the Cub's wish list? If Fulmer is traded then it will be like a Chris Sale deal. I don't see the Tigers anywhere near a deal like that as Tigers have Fulmer under control through 2022. If I were Avila I would ask back Jimenez and Happ. It will take a haul of prospects to land Fulmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          Anything else on the Cub's wish list? If Fulmer is traded then it will be like a Chris Sale deal. I don't see the Tigers anywhere near a deal like that as Tigers have Fulmer under control through 2022. If I were Avila I would ask back Jimenez and Happ. It will take a haul of prospects to land Fulmer.
                          Totally agree. They'd have to add to Schwarber to get this to work.

I could see the Tigers parting with Norris for Schwarber, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Totally agree. They'd have to add to Schwarber to get this to work.

I could see the Tigers parting with Norris for Schwarber, though.
                            Yep. With you on this.

BTW nice work in the ASG, Wade Davis.

Comment

• Jesse Rogers
                              ESPN Staff Writer

Cubs starting pitching has allowed 3 or fewer runs in 15 consecutive starts. In 14 of 15 it's been 2 or less. The rotation ERA during that stretch is 2.26.

Comment

• Cubs issue World Series ring to Steve Bartman

“On behalf of the entire Chicago Cubs organization, we are honored to present a 2016 World Series Championship Ring to Mr. Steve Bartman," the Cubs said in a statement.

"We hope this provides closure on an unfortunate chapter of the story that has perpetuated throughout our quest to win a long-awaited World Series.

"While no gesture can fully lift the public burden he has endured for more than a decade, we felt it was important Steve knows he has been and continues to be fully embraced by this organization. After all he has sacrificed, we are proud to recognize Steve Bartman with this gift today.”

Comment

Working...
                                X