No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing is, Vogelbach is not a kid, he's been in the minors for 6 years now, and never sniffed an MLB at bat. He's got a good eye, but he's never hit 20 homers in any one season, so he doesn't have light tower power at 1st blush. He can't play a position, maybe 1st adequately, but he's not going to slot in anywhere else. And I'll trust the talent evaluators where they rank him in the minor leagues system...every once in a while they get one really wrong, but most of the time if there's a consensus, they nail it pretty well.

I suspect that he's one of those players fantasy guys like a lot more than real baseball people do.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      The thing is, Vogelbach is not a kid, he's been in the minors for 6 years now, and never sniffed an MLB at bat. He's got a good eye, but he's never hit 20 homers in any one season, so he doesn't have light tower power at 1st blush. He can't play a position, maybe 1st adequately, but he's not going to slot in anywhere else. And I'll trust the talent evaluators where they rank him in the minor leagues system...every once in a while they get one really wrong, but most of the time if there's a consensus, they nail it pretty well.

I suspect that he's one of those players fantasy guys like a lot more than real baseball people do.
      He is only 23 but the rest I agree with. I think he can be a productive hitter. He might develop into a 20-25 HR hitter with a .280 or higher BA. If he can't be trusted to play 1B that will limited him but with only Lind in his way at DH I can see the Mariners giving him ABs.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        He is only 23 but the rest I agree with. I think he can be a productive hitter. He might develop into a 20-25 HR hitter with a .280 or higher BA. If he can't be trusted to play 1B that will limited him but with only Lind in his way at DH I can see the Mariners giving him ABs.
        Also DJ Peterson and Dae Ho Lee.

Comment

• He's 23 and lighting up the minors. He's been good at every stop, and has shown progress at every step. First he had great power, then the power dipped but his OBP rose to elite status. Now, his power is climbing back up slowly while keeping the OBP high. He's displayed a real growth pattern.

In fact, he surely would have seen MLB ABs on just about any other team, but the Cubs are stacked and well-staffed at 1B. I believe this superfluousness, coupled with his terrible defense and being on an NL squad without a DH, dropped his stock significantly. His bat is real. Now that defense -and Rizzo- are ostensibly out of his way, he's has potential to be young Votto at DH. High-OBP, moderate power with growth upside.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            He's 23 and lighting up the minors. He's been good at every stop, and has shown progress at every step. First he had great power, then the power dipped but his OBP rose to elite status. Now, his power is climbing back up slowly while keeping the OBP high. He's displayed a real growth pattern.

In fact, he surely would have seen MLB ABs on just about any other team, but the Cubs are stacked and well-staffed at 1B. I believe this superfluousness, coupled with his terrible defense and being on an NL squad without a DH, dropped his stock significantly. His bat is real. Now that defense -and Rizzo- are ostensibly out of his way, he's has potential to be young Votto at DH. High-OBP, moderate power with growth upside.
            That is WAY out of the realm of anything that I can possibly see for Vogelbach. Votto is a stud, and All-Star, a potential HOFer at one time, and still a hell of a player. Vogelbach is...well, really a middling prospect who'd having a very nice season. If there's any major league comps that I could see it'd be someone like Kendry Morales, without the high ceiling. Useful player on the right team, but not an All Star by any means.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I've been hearing a lot of Billy Butler comps as well which makes sense - good hit tool, good patience, mediocre power, zero defensive value. This is prime Butler btw, not current day worthless tub of goo Butler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                That is WAY out of the realm of anything that I can possibly see for Vogelbach. Votto is a stud, and All-Star, a potential HOFer at one time, and still a hell of a player. Vogelbach is...well, really a middling prospect who'd having a very nice season. If there's any major league comps that I could see it'd be someone like Kendry Morales, without the high ceiling. Useful player on the right team, but not an All Star by any means.
                You may be right. We won't know anything until he gets some MLB ABs in his statsheet. I suppose I am higher on him than most, but those are some exquisite minor league numbers.

Comment

• Somebody explain who Hendricks is - and why he has these crazy good numbers - and why he will/will not do it again next year and the future

Comment

• I firmly believe in the Cause and Effect Theory. McCutchens crossed over into an alternate reality where he becomes a very ordinary player. To keep the universe from becoming unbalanced Hendricks becomes Cy Young pitcher. That is a reasonable fantasy explanation.

Comment

I firmly believe in the Cause and Effect Theory. McCutchens crossed over into an alternate reality where he becomes a very ordinary player. To keep the universe from becoming unbalanced Hendricks becomes Cy Young pitcher. That is a reasonable fantasy explanation.
                      That's probably the best analysis I've seen on this site, and I'm not joking!

Comment

I firmly believe in the Cause and Effect Theory. McCutchens crossed over into an alternate reality where he becomes a very ordinary player. To keep the universe from becoming unbalanced Hendricks becomes Cy Young pitcher. That is a reasonable fantasy explanation.
                        any better analysis

Comment

• Okay back to our boring reality. His strand rate is 82.5. He is an extreme GB pitcher with a good K/BB ratio. I'm not sure what the average strand rate is (around 73% guessing) but that would explain his success in ERA so far. In the off-season I noticed a very nice improvement on K/9 which has carried over to this season. I expect his ERA will rise but his location is good and see no reason why he can't maintain success. The best 5th starter in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            Somebody explain who Hendricks is - and why he has these crazy good numbers - and why he will/will not do it again next year and the future
                            My third cousin on my Dad's side?
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I'm going to see the Cubs vs Angels from one of the wrigley rooftops on weds
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Why does Contreras sit so much????????????
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X