2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    I figured it was because his favorite food is carne asada a la cazuela.
    stop profiling
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• The trade seems like a no brainer to me. Take Soler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        stop profiling
        Mashawwi Akhbar!!!
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• If the Cubs can hang on to their 5-0 lead against the Brewers (bottom of the 4th) it will be their best start in 107 years.

Comment

• paging Mith...paging Mith...Can I get a post about how crappy Jason Heyward is please?

Comment

• The Cubs have scored 93 more runs than their opponents through the first 26 games. It is the greatest differential through 26 games since 1905 and puts them on pace to shatter the all-time record of plus-411 set by the 1939 New York Yankees.

The Cubs winning percentage is .769 has them on a pace for 124 wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                The Cubs have scored 93 more runs than their opponents through the first 26 games. It is the greatest differential through 26 games since 1905 and puts them on pace to shatter the all-time record of plus-411 set by the 1939 New York Yankees.

The Cubs winning percentage is .769 has them on a pace for 124 wins.
                Go Cubs Go!!

Comment

• Wouldn't mind some saves for Rondon though!

Comment

• tough to get saves when team is blowing people out most games

Comment

• Braves are 7-20 but Vizcaino has 3 saves.
                      Cubs are 20-6 and Rondon has 4 saves.

I hate saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Braves are 7-20 but Vizcaino has 3 saves.
                        Cubs are 20-6 and Rondon has 4 saves.

I hate saves.
                        There is a great convo about them and the correlation between wins and saves spearheaded by Ken in the closers thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          There is a great convo about them and the correlation between wins and saves spearheaded by Ken in the closers thread.
                          Yup.
                          From the sample data we pulled there, on average the primary closer gets saves on 37% of a team's wins.

Vizcaino is getting 42% and Rondon is currently at 20%.

The standard deviation across the sample is 12.5%, so, if these hold up Vizcaino would be .46 standard deviations above average (better than ~65% of primary closers historically), and Rondon is 1.6 standard deviations below which is around the 10% range (i.e. 10% of primary closers would have this type ratio or less across a full season).
                          Last edited by Ken; 05-05-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Yup.
                            From the sample data we pulled there, on average the primary closer gets saves on 37% of a team's wins.

The standard deviation across the sample is 12.5%, so, if these hold up Vizcaino would be .46 standard deviations above average (better than ~65% of primary closers historically), and Rondon is 1.6 standard deviations below which is around the 10% range (i.e. 10% of primary closers would have this type ratio or less across a full season).
                            Good stuff Ken!

Have you ever looked at the ratio adjusted for winning percentage of the team? For example if on average it's 37%, it might be 40% for sub-.500 teams and 34% for winning teams. Would be interesting to explore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              Good stuff Ken!

Have you ever looked at the ratio adjusted for winning percentage of the team? For example if on average it's 37%, it might be 40% for sub-.500 teams and 34% for winning teams. Would be interesting to explore.
                              Pretty standard across the board, winning percentage of 60%+, primary closer saves 39% of the wins, 50-60% winning percentage, 37%, 40-50%, 37%, less than 40% winning percentage 32% of wins saved by primary closer.

Split just into the two halves, 37.4% for teams above .500, 36.3% for teams below.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Yup.

Also Vizcaino was not the best example.

Kenley Jansen has saved 10 of the Dodgers 14 wins, a 71% rate that has never lasted a whole season. He's 2.75 standard deviations past the mean.
                                Jeffress is next at 7 out of 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X