Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer
    replied
    Robert Stephenson leads the Reds with 2 wins and hasnt been on the big league roster since 4/19 (i think). one save chance this season. the team was going to be lousy to begin with but they cant even get their pitchers through rehab. this is going to be much worse than i thought.

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Bob Steve time again?

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Pirates TV announcers reporting that Raisel Iglesias is heading back to Cincinnati because of shoulder discomfort and will miss his start tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
    Mesoraco is getting under my skin. Is he droppable for Welly Castillo?
    Definitely.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    DeSclafani suffered a setback in his last rehab start and now is no longer expected to make his 2016 debut this week. Raisel Iglesias suffered a "pinch" in his shoulder and is being scratched from his Sunday start.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

yessir

Leave a comment:

• jamesfredette
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Cubs rattled Finnegan early with Bryants laser. He looked like he started to overthrow after that and had no feel on his secondary pitches. Disappointing but it looks like the Cubs own the Reds this year so its not surprising.

As for Mes, the Reds are being a bit cryptic and after seeing how they handled his injury last year, I wouldnt be surprised if he is playing through something.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied
    Did anyone see how Finnegan looked today? He didnt pitch well in the box score(2 HRs, 5ER in 4IP), but it was the second time in three starts that hes faced the cubs, so I am prepared to forgive him. I dont know much about his prospect status coming in, or anything about him really, other than that he was recieved in the cueto deal. It seems he has a problem with control, but ive heard his stuff is pretty good. How do you guys like him, in say, a 12 team league? Is he a solid back end guy or just a matchup streamer?

Also, whats up with mesoraco? is he still hurt?
    Cubs rattled Finnegan early with Bryants laser. He looked like he started to overthrow after that and had no feel on his secondary pitches. Disappointing but it looks like the Cubs own the Reds this year so its not surprising.

As for Mes, the Reds are being a bit cryptic and after seeing how they handled his injury last year, I wouldnt be surprised if he is playing through something.

Leave a comment:

• jamesfredette
    Guest replied
    Did anyone see how Finnegan looked today? He didnt pitch well in the box score(2 HRs, 5ER in 4IP), but it was the second time in three starts that hes faced the cubs, so I am prepared to forgive him. I dont know much about his prospect status coming in, or anything about him really, other than that he was recieved in the cueto deal. It seems he has a problem with control, but ive heard his stuff is pretty good. How do you guys like him, in say, a 12 team league? Is he a solid back end guy or just a matchup streamer?

Also, whats up with mesoraco? is he still hurt?
    Last edited by ; 04-21-2016, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Or to trade Billy Hamilton before other teams realize they don't just play fantasy baseball?
    Doubtful while he's still not eligible for arbitration. He's also very popular with the fans, and not that many guys are on this team.

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    I was just thinking the other day that i haven't seen DQ on this site for awhile. Hope all is well. Nice to hear from you again!

Yeah, i figure if Peraza ever turns into a good leadoff hitter, then Hamilton becomes expendable. The Reds obviously want to find out what they have in Peraza first. All the more reason to find him regular at bats.
    Thanks. It wasn't intentional, but I got out of the habit of visiting here, and I was incredibly busy with my off-stage theater stuff.

Given the "performance" of my teams last year, I think I need all the educated viewpoints I can get.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Or to trade Billy Hamilton before other teams realize they don't just play fantasy baseball?

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    If they trade Bruce, all the outfield spots are up for grabs. As much as they love Hamilton, the flaws in his game became exposed last year, yet his skills are such that he could become outstanding trade bait.
    I was just thinking the other day that i haven't seen DQ on this site for awhile. Hope all is well. Nice to hear from you again!

Yeah, i figure if Peraza ever turns into a good leadoff hitter, then Hamilton becomes expendable. The Reds obviously want to find out what they have in Peraza first. All the more reason to find him regular at bats.

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Thanks, i missed that. So, he could end up being a Josh Harrison/Ben Zobrist type of everyday player.
    If they trade Bruce, all the outfield spots are up for grabs. As much as they love Hamilton, the flaws in his game became exposed last year, yet his skills are such that he could become outstanding trade bait.

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    I don't know how much of it is their own doing (though I suspect it's a lot) but man... the Reds just can't get anything right with this rebuild.
    What struck me as crazy is that the "prospects" they're getting are from the Angels, who may have the worst current farm system in MLB. What do they have that anyone would really want?

As for "not getting anything right", don't tell that to Walt Jocketty. He has ownership bamboozled into thinking he still knows what he's doing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X