Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Mallex Smith demoted to AAA.
    Interesting that Smith, Mullins, Lourdes Gurriel - all fantasy darlings during draft seasons - all questionable hit tools with speed - all in AAA now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Interesting that Smith, Mullins, Lourdes Gurriel - all fantasy darlings during draft seasons - all questionable hit tools with speed - all in AAA now.
      The hit tool is the most important, of course. I'm more prone to overlook a weaker hit tool with someone with prodigious power over someone with speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Mallex Smith demoted to AAA.
        woof. in my AL league he was traded for Nelson Cruz two weeks ago.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of those types of players now. Unfortunately a lot of fantasy managers have to rely on that type of player for stolen bases.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            There seems to be a lot of those types of players now. Unfortunately a lot of fantasy managers have to rely on that type of player for stolen bases.
            Yep. If you don’t have steals, teams aren’t parting with them. And just when you think you have them — I’m also looking at you, Hampson, Altuve & Pollock owners— you still don’t have enough.

Comment

• I debated extending Mallex Smith to $21 through next year, but instead decided to make him $16X... super glad I don't have that $21 albatross. But I also need him to get his act together. I don't think his replacement from AAA, Bishop, will hit much, so it will probably only be a couple of weeks breather for Mallex.

Hampson also looks likely to get sent to AAA, as he's been on the bench for a few games now.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I have some guys like this:
                Hamilton
                Deshields
                Da. Santana
                Amed Rosario
                Simmons ( he can hit)

I will part with them!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• JP Crawford to be called up today, due to the multiple wrist injuries to their infielders. So probably not permanent, but we'll see?

Comment

• Surprised we have not heard back more about Gordon's wrist today. Seems like an X-ray would be able to tell us pretty quickly if it is broken.

Comment

Surprised we have not heard back more about Gordon's wrist today. Seems like an X-ray would be able to tell us pretty quickly if it is broken.
                      He's avoiding the IL, so sounds like he escaped without anything major going on.

Comment

• Shed Long also called up. Is he a better bet to hit or to receive playing time than Crawford?

Comment

• Mitch Haniger underwent surgery on Friday to repair a ruptured testicle.
                          That's going to ruin his weekend. Haniger sustained the injury when he fouled a ball off of himself during Thursday's game. It's unclear at the moment just how much time he'll miss, but it will be a minimum of a couple of weeks before he even begins baseball activities.

SOURCE: Ryan Divish on Twitter
                          Jun 7, 2019, 7:19 PM ET

Comment

• Aw, nuts.

Comment

Aw, nut.
                              Fixed (for poor Mitch).
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Oh man that’s awful.

If you’re a Mariners fan, this news has to really burst your bubble.

Comment

Working...
                                X