Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    He’ll be back.
    He will, but I'll lose a month of production.

And the mariners will probably lose much more...almost no chance they can sign him to a long term deal now, unless they really overpay, and there's now a pretty fair basis for a lawsuit. Not like Bryant, where the Cubs just stonewalled, Seattle had an exec publicly admit it...dumb, dumb, dumb.

All they had to do was put him on the opening day roster...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• All true. But I’m actually looking forward to the lawsuit, assuming they can force it into court.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Hard to understand how the PA thought this was an acceptable approach during the last CBA negotiations. Entirely foreseeable what was to come.

Comment

• There's still hope for Kelenic with Kyle Lewis' slow recovery from his bruised knee. The Mariners front office is probably shitting themselves over this impending decision.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Those of you who had 1.1 innings pitched in the Paxton-to-the-IL pool can collect your money now.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• it's hard to say who had the lower under, Donaldson or Paxton. each one had their own equal factors.

Comment

• Uh-oh. Left elbow discomfort for Paxton.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I wanted to say this before, but I realize this is a big issue. you guys are crazy if you think you can make any dent on when a team will have to play a player, especially when it involves money.

that's like a nuclear option. the day an owner is going to be told to call up a player over money is the day baseball. all Kelenic did was fuck himself over and make himself a martyr for other people's interests. people trying to help and represent him care about themselves. his lawyer, the players union. you can't fight city hall. i'd be more worried about this guy causing a stink he ruins his career. the talent will sort itself out. but not before the team gains an extra year of service.

Comment

• yet, Rocky says don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep your dreams alive.
                    yet again, When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. will Kelenic become the wolf?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Uh-oh. Left elbow discomfort for Paxton.
                      Man... I really wanted this to work out for him and the Ms.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Uh-oh. Left elbow discomfort for Paxton.
                        Initial diagnosis is the dreaded "forearm strain".

Comment

Initial diagnosis is the dreaded "forearm strain".
                          I am so annoyed at myself for doubling down on him after getting burnt last year. The darn spring numbers sucked me back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I am so annoyed at myself for doubling down on him after getting burnt last year. The darn spring numbers sucked me back in.
                            He sat on my league's preseason waiver wire for what seemed like forever. I was tempted several times to pick him up. I kept telling myself that i would only get a few starts out of him before the inevitable IL stint. Even "a few starts" ended up being too generous of a projection. I passed on him twice to grab Bundy and Kikuchi. The reason why Bundy was available was due to our "auction debacle" where a first year manager unexpectedly quit during our online auction. Bundy was a $15 autodraft pick of the abandoned team and went to waivers following the auction.
                            Last edited by madducks; 04-07-2021, 10:28 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              My AL only commish went to $24 on him.

Comment

My AL only commish went to $24 on him.
                                Yeah, that is what I paid too, in my 14 team mixed league with a $400 cap. My whole plan was to spend whatever it took on Cole or Bauer. They both went triple digits and I blinked after Verlander burnt me last year at a triple digit price. I pivoted to spread the risk, nabbing Carrasco, Paxton, Kluber, and JD Martinez. I love having JD so far, but really, Cole and Bauer would have been less risky than the trio of arms I got. If Klobut can stay healthy and decent and Cookie manages to come back strong, I won't cry into my Scotch, even with losing Paxton, but that is a lot of ifs.

Comment

Working...
                                X