2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Looks like Kelenic is not making the opening day roster now.

An MRI on Saturday revealed that Jarred Kelenic suffered a Grade 2 strain of the adductor muscle in his left knee.
    And the Mariner brass are popping the cork on the champagne.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Out 3 to 6 weeks. Combined with AAA being delayed, which I'm sure they want him in some game action, I think we're looking at June before we see him in Seattle.
      I don't think that's going to be the case...some estimates yesterday have him out for as little as a week. Either way, I suspect he'll be up no later than the end of April, the minor leaguers will be getting in plenty of AB's in the alternative camp.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I don't think that's going to be the case...some estimates yesterday have him out for as little as a week. Either way, I suspect he'll be up no later than the end of April, the minor leaguers will be getting in plenty of AB's in the alternative camp.
        I thought the only estimate of a week came from Kelenic himself.

Comment

• Any read on Trammell?
          How does Seattle fit Trammell, Kelenic, Julio, and Kyle Lewis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Any read on Trammell?
            How does Seattle fit Trammell, Kelenic, Julio, and Kyle Lewis?
            Trammell needs to figure out how to hit minor league pitching before he's a concern. There's plenty of room for the others, I am sure. Haniger is the only guy on the roster who would, if healthy, keep any of them out, and there is a DH spot for rotational purposes.

Comment

He says he'll be back in a week, other estimates are 2-6 weeks. With all seeming to be in agreement that it's nothing severe, I'd lean towards the lower part of the estimate.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Knee sprains are weird. Acuna had one his rookie season (when he tried to play umpire beating out an infield single in Boston). Even though there was nobody around to replace him on the roster, the Braves had to put him on the IL between the games of the DH they were playing that day to stop him from running around the clubhouse in an attempt to show he could play in game two. He ended up being out for a month.

Comment

• He's back in the ST line-up...went 0-1 with a walk and a run scored.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Does anyone know why Yusei Kikuchi hasn't pitched since March 14th?
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Does anyone know why Yusei Kikuchi hasn't pitched since March 14th?
                      I would like to report a missing pitcher.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I would like to report a missing pitcher.
                        Not sure if he has thrown lately, but is planned to throw tomorrow apparenlty

Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto shared hints on what the 2021 seasons could be like for Taylor Trammell, Jarred Kelenic and Julio Rodríguez.

• Pitching probables for the final four Cactus League games:

Thursday at Oakland – Nick Margevicius
                        Friday at San Diego – Marco Gonzales (Yusei Kikuchi scheduled to throw a sim game)
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Not sure if he has thrown lately, but is planned to throw tomorrow apparenlty

Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto shared hints on what the 2021 seasons could be like for Taylor Trammell, Jarred Kelenic and Julio Rodríguez.

• Pitching probables for the final four Cactus League games:

Thursday at Oakland – Nick Margevicius
                          Friday at San Diego – Marco Gonzales (Yusei Kikuchi scheduled to throw a sim game)
                          Thanks for the info. It's really strange that Kikuchi went from pitching in real games to pitching in a sim game after a 12 day layoff. Sounds like he may have had some kind of minor health issue that the Mariners kept quiet about.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mariners reassigned OF Jarred Kelenic to minor league camp.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mariners reassigned OF Jarred Kelenic to minor league camp.
                              Much sadness in Hornsby land...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Much sadness in Hornsby land...
                                He’ll be back.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X