Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhd
    replied
    Sal hit HR #43 tonite and is now the MLB RBI leader w 109. He cant officially set the all-time season HR record for catchers, altho many sites will list him as the all-time leader if he bests Bench's 45 set in 1970. But now the Royals' season record for HRs is in play, which currently is 48 by Jorge Soler in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• pitbull
    replied
    And he hit another HR make that 41 or 27 as a catcher.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    You guys are such Debbie Downers lol. I kid. I kid.
    Last edited by madducks; 09-05-2021, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pitbull
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    The record for a catcher is a little murky.

Bench holds it with 45, but actually only hit 38 as a catcher.

Javy Lopez hit 43, with 42 coming as a catcher. If you count only games behind the plate, then that's the actual record.
    Perez has DH 30 game. He has his 26 HR playing as catcher and 14 playing as DH. If we go by that then he is no where near the record but what I do know he is having a hell of a season.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Tonite, Sal Perez hit his 39th and 40th HRs, making him the 6th catcher all-time to hit 40 HRs in a season. He's on a pace now for 48, which would be a new MLB record for catchers.
    The record for a catcher is a little murky.

Bench holds it with 45, but actually only hit 38 as a catcher.

Javy Lopez hit 43, with 42 coming as a catcher. If you count only games behind the plate, then that's the actual record.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Tonite, Sal Perez hit his 39th and 40th HRs, making him the 6th catcher all-time to hit 40 HRs in a season. He's on a pace now for 48, which would be a new MLB record for catchers.

Leave a comment:

• pitbull
    replied
    Kowar has been called up to start. Anybody feeling lucky this time?

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Adalberto Mondesi returns from the IL tonight and will DH.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    A couple of KC player notes:

- Nicky Lopez is hitting .292 with a .361 OBP and has 18 SBs with 0 CS. As he was likely a waiver wire pickup in most leagues, that's a diamond right there
    - Daniel Lynch has a 2.23 ERA in 40 IP since being recalled, but it's obscured by the 15.75 ERA he had in his 1st 3 career starts

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Sal Perez homered for the 5th consecutive game today (#38), including a GS in consecutive games. He's now 3 behind Ohtani for the MLB lead in HRs, which got me wondering if a catcher has ever led the majors in HRs. The only player to do this was Johnny Bench in 1970 and 1972. Another historic achievement w/i Perez' reach.

Leave a comment:

• pitbull
    replied
    Wish I had him on my team. He might be the difference between where my team in 3rd and 1st place.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    That's crazy. He's likely going to finish Top 5 in the MVP race.
    He even has a WS ring, yet how many casual fans even know his name?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Sal Perez hit his 35th HR tonite (GS). He is on track to become just the 6th catcher to hit 40 HR in a season. The others are Johnny Bench, Todd Hundley, Javy Lopez, Roy Campanella and Mike Piazza. The record is 45 by Bench in 1970 and he has a reasonable shot at that, too. He's already set career marks for HR, RBI and runs, w 4.5 weeks left to play. He's having a great season and has been remarkably consistent, too. Since May 4, his average hasnt been below .268 or above .293.
    That's crazy. He's likely going to finish Top 5 in the MVP race.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Sal Perez hit his 35th HR tonite (GS). He is on track to become just the 6th catcher to hit 40 HR in a season. The others are Johnny Bench, Todd Hundley, Javy Lopez, Roy Campanella and Mike Piazza. The record is 45 by Bench in 1970 and he has a reasonable shot at that, too. He's already set career marks for HR, RBI and runs, w 4.5 weeks left to play. He's having a great season and has been remarkably consistent, too. Since May 4, his average hasnt been below .268 or above .293.

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Actually, don't pick him up. Just keep dropping him.
    There's a finite supply my friends.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X