Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harmon
    replied
    Grienke 1-14 on the year. How the mighty have fallen.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post

Ouch. Rough for him.

As a positive I guess Pratto's playing time is assured going forward.
    Seemed pretty assured anyway but this iced it. Too bad for Pasquantino. And not as if KC needed any bad breaks.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Vinnie Pasquantino will undergo season-ending surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.
    Ouch. Rough for him.

As a positive I guess Pratto's playing time is assured going forward.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Vinnie Pasquantino will undergo season-ending surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    After tonite's start, Jordan Lyles is now 0-9 w a 7.30 ERA. When the O's signed Kyle Gibson, I thought "They let one Jordan Lyles go and signed another one who is both older and more expensive. They should have just kept the one they had". Good thing I'm not the O's GM. Gibson is 6-3 w a 3.82 ERA.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight J
    replied
    Great hire -- excited to see how Q works with this young roster. I don't know if they've made a pitching coach hire yet, but anything is an upgrade from Cal Eldred

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Royals will hire Rays bench coach Matt Quatraro to be their next manager.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Royals' minor leaguer, Tyler Tolbert, did something amazing this year. He had 60 SBs w/o getting caught. I couldnt find out if this was a record for the minors but it could very well be since the MLB record is only 28 (Carlos Beltran in 2004). Tolbert doesnt seem to really be a prospect. He's not listed on the team Top 30 by either BA or MLB. But an amazing feat nonetheless.
    Not quite. Beltran was 28-0 for Houston but he was 14-3 for the KC the same year, so his 2004 MLB stats are 42-3.

Still, it's interesting that Beltran was also a Royal. The youngest player with World Series stats is Adalberto Mondesi, age 19 in 2015. He was in the WS before his regular season MLB debut.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Royals' minor leaguer, Tyler Tolbert, did something amazing this year. He had 60 SBs w/o getting caught. I couldnt find out if this was a record for the minors but it could very well be since the MLB record is only 28 (Carlos Beltran in 2004). Tolbert doesnt seem to really be a prospect. He's not listed on the team Top 30 by either BA or MLB. But an amazing feat nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Dayton Moore canned

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Bobby Witt Jr. hit his 20th HR today to become the 4th 20-20 guy in MLB. He's been a very valuable guy in roto but less so in real baseball. Coming into today, he's slashing .248/.289/.440 and he has 0.5 bWAR and 1.9 fWAR. He apparently is not very good defensively rt now, as Baseball Reference lists his defensive WAR at -1.7.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Melendez has a .310 OBP. Merrifield only .289...maybe that makes a difference to Matheny?
    Maybe so...I think Michael Taylor is better than .310 as are a few others on the team. It just struck me as a bit odd.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Melendez is leading off today and Merrifield is sixth. That seems strange
    Melendez has a .310 OBP. Merrifield only .289...maybe that makes a difference to Matheny?

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Melendez is leading off today and Merrifield is sixth. That seems strange

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X