Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornsby
    replied
    Weather delay up here in Minnesota. Cold and wet, I hope that it gets rained out so that Barrios doesn't have to start in poor conditions...

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Uh Oh, Kyle Gibson with a shoulder strain...

Gibson, meanwhile, said he felt something in his shoulder during the first inning of his start on Friday. He remained in the game, giving up seven runs over three innings, but Gibson said he felt pain in his shoulder the next day and wasn't able to throw his scheduled bullpen session on Sunday.

Gibson called his injury a general shoulder strain, and said he's hopeful he'll also be ready to return once he's eligible on May 8.

"The doctor said it was pretty minor, which was relieving," Gibson said. "I had never felt a pain like that, and on Sunday, it was pretty severe. So to have that kind of pain lightly throwing a baseball and find out it was something minor was pretty relieving. It feels a lot better today. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better before two weeks, but after 15 days, I'll be ready at the end of it."
    The official website of the Minnesota Twins with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    But it is Berrios. Or maybe you mean this guy:

they tatted up the poor dudes sleeve. how can he wear other shirts?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I see what you did there...
    But it is Berrios. Or maybe you mean this guy:

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Looks like Barrios will start Wednesday against Cleveland...

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Why does everyone keep referring to him as Barrios? Maybe he's just a neighborhood kinda guy....

Anyway, this certainly is reason for celebration for fantasy owners. The kid is unreal and probably shouldn't have much of an innings cap, if at all. He threw 166 IP last year.
    I see what you did there...

He's killed it at AAA so far this season, so I have no real reason to think that he may struggle up in the bigs. Probably the usual ups and downs of any pitcher, but they brought him along slowly enough to assure that he'll be as ready as he can be.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Barrios coming up! Much dancing and celebration!

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Actually, Kepler is up, they just didn't play him that much.
    I'm kind of baffled why they don't give him a chance. I realize he hasn't been great or anything in his limited PT, but he's pretty decent defensively (not Buxton, but still pretty good). Give him a 1-2 week run at the job, and if he's overwhelmed, toss Danny Santana back in there and Kepler can head back to AAA to get ABs and shore up his weaknesses.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
    Yeah he just seems lost. They have Kepler down at AAA who they could swap him out for
    Actually, Kepler is up, they just didn't play him that much.

Leave a comment:

• jamesfredette
    Guest replied
    Yeah he just seems lost. They have Kepler down at AAA who they could swap him out for

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Alright, I fold...4 more K's today should get Buxton sent down to work on pitch recognition. The problem is the Twins don't have anyone better to take his place right now unless they decide to put Danny Santana in there when he comes back from the DL. That's the issue with a young team, everything is contagious, bad hitting is as contagious as good is...it's be nice to sprinkle some vets (no, Mauer doesn't count, he's never been a leader) in to show the kids how to handle a slump. Maybe the folks that said that Torii was a huge difference last year were right, I never believed it, but...

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Really struggling to evaluate Gibson. Thought he had momentum at the end of last year. Really looks mediocre this year. Not like he gives a lot of Ks, so if his control/GB is off, it's a train wreck. Should I cut bait of be patient? Hornsby or other Twins fans have some perspective?

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Buxton didn't look bad today.
    No K's, steppin' up!

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by hammer View Post
    buxton didn't look bad today.
    lol!!