Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied
    Buxton didn't look bad today.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    The Twins made Tanner Friggin Roark look like Nolan Ryan today.
    And yet they make Chris Sale look like Tanner Roark!

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The Twins made Tanner Friggin Roark look like Nolan Ryan today.

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    My league has a 10-game eligibility requirement for next year - Sano is sitting at 9 games started at third base. Anyone think there's any chance at all he gets one more appearance at third, or are his nagging injuries putting the nix on my hopes?

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Let's not get too carried away here, he's had a nice month and a half, let's see what he can do over the course of a full season.

Buxton is and will stay, the CF of the future, Hicks is going to go to one of the corner spots, and eventually, either Arcia or even Sano is going to be out there. Rosario is a nice player, but he just doesn't have enough "ommmmph" to stay out there full time.

The Twins biggest problem is that albatross at 1st base, sooner or later they're going to have to eat that contract and make way for a real 1st baseman. And a catcher...yeah, a real catcher...too bad that guy at 1st...oh never mind.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Aaron Hicks is emerging into the star they hoped he was. When Buxton comes back, how does the OF shake out?

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Danny Santana sent down, Kennys Vargas called up...Escobar back to SS. Sounds like Vargas is going to be inserted right back at DH pretty much full time...

And the best record in the American League...who could have ever seen that coming?

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Activated from the DL and then optioned to AAA. Between him and Vargas, there's two power bats that have totally shit the bed.
    And yet they're in first, crazy!

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Oswaldo Arcia to the 15-day DL. At least they had the courtesy to do it before lineups are set!
    Activated from the DL and then optioned to AAA. Between him and Vargas, there's two power bats that have totally shit the bed.

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Plouffe came up as a SS but I'm guessing he no longer has the range to play there?

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
    1/2 game out of first, 10 games over .500 after 50 games!! Yeah, I am surprised, are you ?
    Yeah, it's pretty much smoke and mirrors at this point, but the good thing is that there's plenty in the pipeline to make it all real very soon. They'll have a couple of interesting dilemmas before too long...where to play Sano, he's about ready, and Plouffe has turned himself into a really solid major league 3rd baseman. The obvious solution is 1st, but they can't dump Mauer at any price, and that horrible contract runs through 2018. Buxton is probably not coming up until next season, still a lot of rust to knock off, and he has to prove that he's over the injury bug. They still need a SS, Danny Santana is not the answer, IMO. Erv Santana is coming back sooner rather than later, so someone in the rotation takes a seat. And I think that Barrios forces his way into the rotation next year...kid is nails.

Leave a comment:

• wannabegriffey
    replied
    1/2 game out of first, 10 games over .500 after 50 games!! Yeah, I am surprised, are you ?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The Twins have not one, but two starters striking out less than 4.0 batters per 9 innings.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    I know he's been struggling but i didn't think he was playing bad enough to be demoted.
    I suspect they just don't know what to do with Vargas...he can't play defense, he gets winded running the bases, and he doesn't seem to get it at this point. So since he's not killing it with the bat, they'll send him down and hope that he gets a little wake-up call. They've got Arcia coming back soon too, so they need to make room for both him and Nunez.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X