• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Kennys Vargas optioned to AAA.
    I know he's been struggling but i didn't think he was playing bad enough to be demoted.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Kennys Vargas optioned to AAA.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Eddie Rosario became the 29th player in MLB history to homer on the first pitch he ever saw in the majors.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Oswaldo Arcia to the 15-day DL. At least they had the courtesy to do it before lineups are set!

Leave a comment:

• Hobbesmonkey
    Guest replied
    Am I correct in seeing that the Twins have a grand total of 9 HR's so far as a team?

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Twins send Aaron Hick down today, and demoted Mike Pelfrey to the bullpen, both moves that probably wouldn't have happens with Gardy in charge. I like the new look of the coaching staff so far. And Pelfrey, who should kiss the asses of everyone in the Twins front office for giving him millions to suck, whines:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...297878831.html
    Maybe Pelfrey's fire was what he needed to get pumped for the season? IDK, but he looks pretty good now. Any way this old dog has learned a new trick or two? Is there a shot in hell he manages to keep his job and pitch half way decent this year?

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    Dozier is crushing the ball in the spring but no SBs. Any fans have any insight? or just wait
    Just wait...no reason to run in ST when you already have the skill. All you'll do is risk injury...

Leave a comment:

• swampdragon
    replied
    Dozier is crushing the ball in the spring but no SBs. Any fans have any insight? or just wait

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I'm hoping the Padres deal some of their BP depth for Escobar and cut Barmes......
    I could see this...the Twins really need solid arms back there. The only fly in the ointment is if Santana can really cut it long term at SS.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    I'm hoping the Padres deal some of their BP depth for Escobar and cut Barmes......

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
    Jordan Schafer...40+ steals??
    Depends on whether he can hit above .230...if he hits .270 or so, I'd say that was a realistic figure. If he can't, he'll split time with Shane Robinson and eventually both will yield to Buxton if he can stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Hobbesmonkey
    Guest replied
    Jordan Schafer...40+ steals??

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    LOL at Pelfrey. The article mentioned Kennys Vargas might not be DH. Do you know details? I thought he was a shoe-in.

It seems like he's really out of shape...he's a 270 pound guy, and the last quote I read from Molitor was something to the effect that Vargas needs to be in good enough shape to play 9 innings at 1st. That kind of says it all...

But I'd put good money that he starts at DH for opening day, they really don't have anyone else but Escobar and Nunez, neither who are any real threat at DH.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Twins send Aaron Hick down today, and demoted Mike Pelfrey to the bullpen, both moves that probably wouldn't have happens with Gardy in charge. I like the new look of the coaching staff so far. And Pelfrey, who should kiss the asses of everyone in the Twins front office for giving him millions to suck, whines:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...297878831.html
    LOL at Pelfrey. The article mentioned Kennys Vargas might not be DH. Do you know details? I thought he was a shoe-in.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied

Pelfrey said he is “frustrated and a little upset” over the move. “I was told in December [it would be an] open competition,” Pelfrey said. “I don’t know what happened. I wasn’t outpitched.”
    Aaron Hicks was optioned to Rochester, along with another outfield candidate, Eddie Rosario. The decisions mean the Twins plan to use Jordan Schafer and Shane Robinson in center field, for now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X