X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Buxton 4 for his last 35. I think I may have short-changed Hamilton when I compared the two.
    And he's whiffed 21 times in 58 ABs with just 2 walks since being recalled. He's the same guy he was as before his demotion.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied
    Buxton 4 for his last 35. I think I may have short-changed Hamilton when I compared the two.

Leave a comment:

• Msaint
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Oswaldo Arcia DFA'd
    This after some major media confusion, hearing/reporting that Buxton was being sent back down. He started hot after call-up, now he's back to his old ways. Is he just not able to adjust when P's adjust to him? All that said, defense alone could keep him up...http://m.mlb.com/news/article/184281...-major-leagues

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Oswaldo Arcia DFA'd

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Kepler hit .282/.367/.455, 1 HR, 1 SB at AAA.

J

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Sano strained hamstring. DL stint looks probable.

Shit.
    Yep, 15 day DL...Kepler back up.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    It's Buxton time again!

Danny Santana to the DL.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
    Didn't Minnesota sign him to an extension after his first season with the twins?
    Sure did, another brilliant decision by the Twins front office...

Leave a comment:

• wannabegriffey
    replied
    Didn't Minnesota sign him to an extension after his first season with the twins?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Phil Hughes demoted from the rotation to the pen. Oh, he's still owed about $45m through the 2019 season.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Looks like Joe Mauer is back to being Joe Mauer of the prime years, showing just how devastating the effects of a concussion really are. He's leading the majors in OBP, and is hitting .337...of course, it's an empty .337 at this point, but he should score a significant amount of runs if the Twins ever start hitting.
    he's not quite what he was, but I am happy to see him doing well again. He was a favorite of mine for years, and everyone turned on him once his home town discount contract turned into an albatross.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Looks like Joe Mauer is back to being Joe Mauer of the prime years, showing just how devastating the effects of a concussion really are. He's leading the majors in OBP, and is hitting .337...of course, it's an empty .337 at this point, but he should score a significant amount of runs if the Twins ever start hitting.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    He's got good stuff, it's just a question of command...he had a nice few games at AAA, but he got blown up in his relief appearance, so it's a crapshoot at this point. Astros are a big swing and miss team though, so you've got that going for you.
    This pretty much sums it up. I was hoping to snag him in last week's FAAB, but I underbid by $2. BP had him ranked #13 a couple of years ago, which I thought was odd for a guy nearly 25 at the time. Now is he s 26 year old rookie, who still hasn't figured it all out. But he's a big dude and has great stuff, and sometimes it takes a long time for those guys to harness it. He really needs to show something in this stint though, or he may never have another good chance as a starter. He's got younger guys coming up eager to bump him off if he doesn't seize the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Originally posted by price View Post
    Any thoughts on Alex Meyer and his chances of sticking as a SPer? He's been up previously but only in relief. He had a couple of good starts in AAA this season. I'm picking him up on the free agent list for this week. He's scheduled for 2 starts next week.
    He's got good stuff, it's just a question of command...he had a nice few games at AAA, but he got blown up in his relief appearance, so it's a crapshoot at this point. Astros are a big swing and miss team though, so you've got that going for you.

Leave a comment:

• price
    replied
    Any thoughts on Alex Meyer and his chances of sticking as a SPer? He's been up previously but only in relief. He had a couple of good starts in AAA this season. I'm picking him up on the free agent list for this week. He's scheduled for 2 starts next week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X