2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Bird hit 11 HRs in 157 ABs last season, which was more than Mauer's hit in all but two seasons of his career. And he's 12 years younger. The last thing the Yanks need is another graybeard ready to fall off the cliff or become injury prone.
    What do you man, "become injury prone"? Mauer already has that mastered!

Thing with the Yanks is that they simply can't afford to ever become a rebuilding team, and if that means getting some aging vets, so be it. Beltran will probably be gone, Tex as well...and it's the last season for ARod. Lots of room for a vet to slot in there, and frankly, not a lot of talent to compete with. They don't have a ton of talent in their high minors, so they need to go outside the organization.

Like I said earlier, probably will never happen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Bird hit 11 HRs in 157 ABs last season, which was more than Mauer's hit in all but two seasons of his career. And he's 12 years younger. The last thing the Yanks need is another graybeard ready to fall off the cliff or become injury prone.
      All true. But Bird is coming off serious surgery - a torn labrum - and while all official reports are he'll be ready for 2017, he'd not be the first guy to not recover well.

But I agree it's pretty unlikely
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        All true. But Bird is coming off serious surgery - a torn labrum - and while all official reports are he'll be ready for 2017, he'd not be the first guy to not recover well.

But I agree it's pretty unlikely
        Snowball's chance in hell likely.

Comment

• Twins fire GM Terry Ryan.

Comment

• It's kinda sad when Joe Mauer hopes to be the hitter Robbie Grossman is one day.

Comment

• Byron Buxton Update...he's learning.

Aaron Gleeman ‏@AaronGleeman 2h2 hours ago
              Byron Buxton by month:

STRIKEOUTS
              April: 49%
              June: 36%
              July: 29%

WALKS
              April: 4%
              June: 4%
              July: 10%

OPS
              April: .497
              June: .595
              July: .644
              17 retweets 78 likes
              Reply Retweet 17
              Like 78
              More
              Aaron Gleeman ‏@AaronGleeman 43m43 minutes ago
              Slugging percentage through 105 career games:
              .329 Byron Buxton
              .330 Kirby Puckett

(Buxton's two years younger than Puckett at same stage.)

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Why did they trade Nunez? Too old for their future plans? Don't believe he is as good as he has been playing and he is only an average player?

Thanks.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Why did they trade Nunez? Too old for their future plans? Don't believe he is as good as he has been playing and he is only an average player?

Thanks.
                  Essentially, they viewed him as a utility player who was outperforming his talent. So, yeah, he was already sliding down statistically. They saw an opportunity to get a serviceable lefty, middle of the rotation starter, and happily let him go. It's a good gamble to make, as Mejia has some upside, and the Twins pitching is abysmal.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Well, the great Cleveland rotation has been absolutely decimated by the Twins. Salazar, Carrasco and Bauer just gave up 22 earned runs in 8 1/3 innings. Pitchers suck in real life, just like they do in fantasy

Comment

• Rotoworld speculating that Miguel Sano will be demoted when Trevor Plouffe is activated on Monday.

Comment

Rotoworld speculating that Miguel Sano will be demoted when Trevor Plouffe is activated on Monday.
                        This actually came from Molitor, who's pretty disappointed in the way that Sano is handling his 2nd season.

CLEVELAND – Paul Molitor wouldn’t rule out Thursday sending cleanup hitter Miguel Sano to Class AAA Rochester when Trevor Plouffe’s rehab assignment ends next week, and the Twins manager hinted that the reason isn’t entirely due to his month-long hitting slump and inconsistent fielding.

“Young players get to the big leagues and they either subconsciously or their agents or someone is telling them [that] they’ve got everything figured out, go enjoy the life,” Molitor said. “It’s contrary to what’s real.”

Sano’s willingness to work on his game has become an increasingly urgent topic around the team, and likely played a role in Molitor’s decision to bench him every other day last week, three games in all. Sano entered Thursday with only four hits in his last 31 at-bats (.129) along with 16 strikeouts, and he has committed 11 errors since being returned to third base at the beginning of July. He’s also made a handful of costly baserunning errors, including getting caught in a rundown between second and third base Wednesday night with two outs.

“I think he was trying to do the right thing, but obviously with two outs, you’re in scoring position,” Molitor said. “It’s a weird way of making the last out at third base, but that’s what he did. And that’s one thing you don’t do.”

Yet it’s not really his play on the field that seems to have the Twins most concerned about the 23-year-old slugger. Hitting coach Tom Brunansky, interviewed on 1500 ESPN on Wednesday, said Sano needs to work on “commitment to his craft. … He needs to commit to be better. I’m not talking about offensively or defensively [but] overall — when you get to be that talented, you’ve got to match that talent with the work ethic.”

Molitor said “that’s a fair statement by Bruno,” though the manager emphasized that it’s not just Sano who has had difficulty making a transition to the major leagues.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Teams are still pitching to Brian Dozier, why?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            Teams are still pitching to Brian Dozier, why?
                            NOBODY wants to pitch to the rest of that murderers row!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              NOBODY wants to pitch to the rest of that murderers row!
                              Lol. I hope it keeps up. I am loving seeing what Dozier is doing. Maybe him breaking the all-time hr record by a 2bman will get him the attention he deserves as one of the premier hitters in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                                Teams are still pitching to Brian Dozier, why?
                                I think it helps that the Twins keep losing. It's easy to pitch to a guy if you are up by 5 runs in the 8th inning, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X