2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    A friend of mine who works for the Pirates says that Ben Cherington turned down Coby Mayo for David Bednar. Stupid Pirates.
    There is no way the O's offered Mayo for Bednar straight up. Had to be more players involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

There is no way the O's offered Mayo for Bednar straight up. Had to be more players involved.
      I would think so too.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I would think so too.
        The O's need quality SPs more than anything else. Mitch Keller seems the most likely trade target. I can see them wanting Keller and Bednar for Mayo and maybe a mid-range prospect like Dylan Beavers or maybe even Connor Norby who doesnt seem to fit very well on the O's anyway.

Comment

• Recent Pirates acquisition Isiah Kiner-Falefa is the second cousin twice removed of Pirates Hall of Famer Ralph Kiner.​
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Recent Pirates acquisition Isiah Kiner-Falefa is the second cousin twice removed of Pirates Hall of Famer Ralph Kiner.​
            Interesting!

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman is still bringing the heat with this 104.7 mph pitch that freezes Manny Machado.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• That was only Chapman's second fastest pitch of the night. This one was 105.1 mph.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bednar WTF!

I think it's time to hand the 9th inning over to Chapman.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman has more strikeouts (71) than Pirates starting pitchers Bailey Falter (65) and Luis Ortiz (68) despite throwing less than half as many innings as those two guys. Another Pirates Starter, Marco Gonzales has a similarly bad K-ratio in a smaller sample size after recently returning from the IL.

Skenes, Keller, and Jones get rave reviews. But, the bottom 2-3 of their rotation scares me.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Great podcast from Dejan Kovacevic about the Pirates managerial and front office ineptitude.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Andrew McCutchen to the IL with left knee inflammation.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ke’Bryan Hayes to the 10-day IL with lower back inflammation.

Hayes finally provided confirmation that he’s been dealing with back issues all season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Barry Bonds was inducted into the Hall of Fame on Saturday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Well, at least he got into one HOF.

Comment

• Joey Bart goes to the IL with a left hamstring injury.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X