No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates placed David Bednar on the 15-day IL, retroactive to June 20, with a left oblique strain.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mitch Keller has thrown 5 innings or more in 47 consecutive starts. That is the longest streak in baseball right now.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pirates placed RHP Jared Jones on the 15-day IL with a strained lat.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Most Career Strikeouts By A Relief pitcher

1. Hoyt Wilhelm (RHP) 1363
          2. Rich Gossage (RHP) 1340
          3. Craig Kimbrel (RHP) 1240
          4. Lee Smith (RHP) 1225
          5. Aroldis Chapman (LHP) 1200
          6. Billy Wagner (LHP) 1196
          7. Kenley Jansen (RHP) 1193
          8. Rollie Fingers (RHP) 1183
          9. Jesse Orosco (LHP) 1169
          10. Lindy McDaniel (RHP) 1165
          11. Francisco Rodriguez (RHP) 1142
          12. Mariano Rivera (RHP) 1135
          13. Trevor Hoffman (RHP) 1133
          14. David Robertson (RHP) 1108

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Paul Skenes will be the starting pitcher for the NL All-Star team.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Paul Skenes will become just the 5th rookie pitcher to start an All-Star game. He will join Hideo Nomo (1995), Fernando Valenzuela (1981), Mark Fidrych (1976), and Dave Stenhouse (1962).

Skenes 11 career starts would tie Fidrych for the fewest ever entering an All-Star start. Although Fidrych also had two relief appearances.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Mitch Keller has thrown 5 innings or more in 47 consecutive starts. That is the longest streak in baseball right now.
                The streak ended at 49 consecutive 5-inning starts with Keller only pitching 3 innings yesterday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The streak ended at 49 consecutive 5-inning starts with Keller only pitching 3 innings yesterday.
                  This feat is actually a lot more difficult to achieve than I realized. After reviewing individual game logs for all starting pitchers with 75 or more innings this year, I found that Seth Lugo had the current longest streak of consecutive 5-inning starts with 23. I've listed the current longest streaks that I could find below. Pitchers with partial seasons this year and last year may have slipped through the cracks of my search. Let me know if you find any others.

Interesting note: It seems that a lot of pitchers have their streaks broken in their first and last starts of the season or their last start before the All-Star break.

Longest Current Streaks Of Consecutive 5-Inning Starts
                  Seth Lugo - 23 (ended at 27)
                  Joe Ryan - 22 (ended at 25)
                  Luis Castillo - 20 (now 27)
                  Corbin Burnes - 19 (ended at 24)
                  Luis Severino - 18 (ended at 20)
                  Jack Flaherty - 16 (now 22)
                  Last edited by madducks; 08-27-2024, 08:40 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pirates released RHP Domingo German.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pirates released RHP Domingo German.
                      And the Pirates re-sign him. Back to Triple-A he goes.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A friend of mine who works for the Pirates says that Ben Cherington turned down Coby Mayo for David Bednar. Stupid Pirates.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X