No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the infield alignment look like in 2017?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      What will the infield alignment look like in 2017?
      C - Francisco Cervelli (signed thru 2019)
      1B - Josh Bell (rookie)
      2B - Josh Harrison (2020)
      SS - Jung Ho Kang (2019)
      3B - David Freese (2019)
      LF - Starling Marte (2021)
      CF - Andrew McCutchen (2018)
      RF - Gregory Polanco (2023)
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Now I remember you posting this earlier
        Exactly what I needed to (and more).

I guess this means that I can safely drop Hanson in NL-only keeper leagues?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          Now I remember you posting this earlier
          Exactly what I needed to (and more).

I guess this means that I can safely drop Hanson in NL-only keeper leagues?
          I think they will move Hanson in the off-season. They don't even need him as a bench guy and he could garner some bauble in a trade.

Comment

• Marte is a pussy.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Jung Ho Kang now being investigated for a DUI in South Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Jung Ho Kang now being investigated for a DUI in South Korea.
                It's more than just a DUI. He fled the scene of an accident too. Love this guy as a player. But, i am seriously starting to worry about his bad judgement off the field killing a good career before it has a chance take off.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Something to keep in mind is that the legal drinking limit in Korea is half of what it is here. .04 is enough to get you a ticket, which is one large beer in an hour. He could have been just driving like an ass too but Eric Thames got a DUI there last year blowing a .05 and was suspended 9 games with community service.

Comment

• Starling Marte told MLB Dominicana that he's moving to center field in 2017.
                    (Source: Rotoworld)

Jung Ho Kang has agreed to enter an alcohol treatment program.
                    The news comes from Kang's agent, Alan Nero. A joint panel headed by MLB recommended that Kang enter a treatment program following his third DUI arrest in December. Getting treatment could reduce any potential punishment Kang receives from the league. Pirates GM Neal Huntington previously said he expected Kang to be ready for the start of spring training, but it's unclear if Saturday's announcement changes that. The 29-year-old was removed from South Korea's WBC roster shortly after his arrest.
                    (Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via Rotoworld)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Saw that. Wondering if it's bad for Marte's fantasy value.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Starling Marte told MLB Dominicana that he's moving to center field in 2017.
                        (Source: Rotoworld)
                        McCutchen moves to RF where there is less ground to cover than LF at PNC Park and Polanco moves to LF.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Good news for Jameson Taillon:

Taillon (groin) was cleared to play catch and resume light cardio drills Wednesday, Stephen J. Nesbitt of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
                          Taillon also had a pathology report come back positive for testicular cancer, so he's not completely out of the woods at this point. According to Nesbitt, he next step is to be re-examined next week to determine if the cancer has spread to any other part of his body. More information should be available following this check-up.

If his check-up goes well, could we see Taillon back in the majors before the end of June?

Comment

• Adam Frazier has been, dare I say, en fuego.....now hitting .368 with 3 HRs on the season, and don't look now but he's a .328 career hitter in 238 ABs.

Comment

• OK so I traded for an expiring Gerrit Cole 2 weeks ago in my NL only. This has gone so well. He has allowed 23 earned runs in his last 19 1/3 innings of work...aaaaand Im pretty sure that's the sum of his production for me. Please just trade this guy to the Yankees and put me out of my misery.

Side note: Same week I dumped Edinson Volquez, and his past three starts....oh just kill me now.

Comment

• Gerrit Cole has now won his last 3 starts while giving up just 3 er in 20 ip. More K's would be nice. But, i guess we can't have everything.

Josh Harrison already has more home runs (9) this season than he had in the last two seasons (8) combined!

Only 19 more games until Starling Marte gets back.

If Gregory Polanco doesn't start hitting, he could be benched when Marte returns.

Tyler Glasnow's most recent start in AAA: 5 ip, 4 h, 2 er, 4 bb, 11 k

Josh Bell is quietly trending upward with June numbers of .271/.354/.571

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X