• Show
Clear All

• Catchers tend to age like wine.

Comment

• John Jaso -- are those dreadlocks??

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        John Jaso -- are those dreadlocks??

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Vogelsong out of the game after getting hit in the head by a pitch from Jordan Lyles (not intentional).
          Was down for a while, but did move, and they think it got mostly helmet. On his way to the hospital.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Will Marte hit another HR before the AS break?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Will Marte hit another HR before the AS break?
              Probably not. And his .327 Avg and 13 SBs in no way make up for his awful power numbers.

Now, if you're just using your reverse jinx powers, please proceed
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Francisco Cervelli broke his hand and will miss the next six weeks. The Buccos acquire Eric Kratz to take his place.

Comment

• Any folks in the know on the Pirates want to speculate on if and when Glasnow gets the call? He has had issues with the free passes but improved in his last start, and has been unhittable all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Any folks in the know on the Pirates want to speculate on if and when Glasnow gets the call? He has had issues with the free passes but improved in his last start, and has been unhittable all year.
                    They seem really reluctant to call him up. I would say he is going to need 3-4 starts in a row at Indy where he has 0-1 walks. Or the Pirates offense getting scorching hot for 2 weeks and convincing them that they are still serious contenders, winning while Locke and Kuhl get immolated so there's a spot for Glasnow.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      They seem really reluctant to call him up. I would say he is going to need 3-4 starts in a row at Indy where he has 0-1 walks. Or the Pirates offense getting scorching hot for 2 weeks and convincing them that they are still serious contenders, winning while Locke and Kuhl get immolated so there's a spot for Glasnow.
                      I'm thinking that Kuhl will end up being a very servicable 4-5 starter.

As for Glasnow, and this is just a wild guess. If i'm the Pirates, i call him up on Friday (6 days after his last start) for the first game of the Cubs series at PNC Park. Super two has passed, the Cubs have been kicking the Pirates asses all season, and it's time to take the gloves off with this kid who probably has the best stuff in the entire organization. So, let's see what he can do against the best team in baseball. Maybe he'll walk ten batters in three innings. But, there is also a chance he could shut them down and help jump start the Pirates season and build some momentum for the second half when Cole and Cervelli return. The Pirates need a spark and Glasnow could very well provide it. Now is the perfect time to go for it.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Taillon to the DL with shoulder fatigue. Steven Brault called up to start tomorrow. That makes 4 of 5 AAA starters now called up. Guess who the 5th one is.

Also, Gerrit Cole (DL) is pitching in AAA tomorrow.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Personally, I don't like having to rely on AAA starters for the rest of the year. I imagine they will all have innings limits and I can't see the kids pitching into late September let alone October if the Bucs make the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                            Personally, I don't like having to rely on AAA starters for the rest of the year. I imagine they will all have innings limits and I can't see the kids pitching into late September let alone October if the Bucs make the playoffs.
                            The Pirates could always use a six man rotation after the All-Star break.
                            RHP Cole
                            LHP Liriano
                            RHP Taillon/ Brault
                            RHP Glasnow
                            LHP Niese/Locke
                            RHP Kuhl

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                              Personally, I don't like having to rely on AAA starters for the rest of the year. I imagine they will all have innings limits and I can't see the kids pitching into late September let alone October if the Bucs make the playoffs.
                              Solid advice.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• uh oh:

Pirates infielder Jung-Ho Kang is under investigation in connection with an alleged sexual assault that took place in Chicago last month. A police spokesman confirmed to the Chicago Tribune that Kang is being investigated, but has not been arrested or charged with a crime.
                                Pirates infielder Jung-Ho Kang is under investigation in connection with an alleged sexual assault that took place in Chicago last month. A police spokesman confirmed to the Chicago Tribune that Kang is being investigated, but has not been arrested or charged with a crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X