2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Kluber's had pretty bad starts in '14 and '15, too.
    I remember his poor start in '15, but I think he peripherals supported the notion that it might have just been bad luck. is that the case for '14 too? is he just a slow starter?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
      I remember his poor start in '15, but I think he peripherals supported the notion that it might have just been bad luck. is that the case for '14 too? is he just a slow starter?
      Some of both, IMO. The BABIP doesn't support the high batting average against by itself. Plus the defense behind him is awful right now. Brantley coming back will help.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Some of both, IMO. The BABIP doesn't support the high batting average against by itself. Plus the defense behind him is awful right now. Brantley coming back will help.
        That is a great point about Brantley. He doesn't get talked about much for his glove, but he is certainly an upgrade over what is out there now.

Comment

Carlos Santana batting lead-off today for the tribe lol. Unorthodox fit, but itll be interesting to see if he sticks and what that does for his counting stats. Great career OBP

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
            Carlos Santana batting lead-off today for the tribe lol. Unorthodox fit, but itll be interesting to see if he sticks and what that does for his counting stats. Great career OBP
            My memory might be faulty, but I don't think this is the first time the tribe has run with CS at lead off. His OBP doesn't make it a bad choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              My memory might be faulty, but I don't think this is the first time the tribe has run with CS at lead off. His OBP doesn't make it a bad choice.
              It doesn't, but Francisco Lindor would probably pass him before he got to third base on a deep shot to the corner.

Comment

It doesn't, but Francisco Lindor would probably pass him before he got to third base on a deep shot to the corner.
                Lol, I hadn't thought of that. The ex-catcher is on the slow side. Not Jon Olerud slow, but still. Hmm, is their a resource on the all-time slowest to 1b players? is that a thing that has ever been tracked?

Comment

Lol, I hadn't thought of that. The ex-catcher is on the slow side. Not Jon Olerud slow, but still. Hmm, is their a resource on the all-time slowest to 1b players? is that a thing that has ever been tracked?
                  Baseball Info Solutions did something a few years ago, according to Joe Posnanski. Wellington Castillo edged out Billy Butler and Paul Konerko.

Comment

Brantley could be activated tomorrow. Nabbed him in my AFA league a few weeks ago.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      Brantley could be activated tomorrow. Nabbed him in my AFA league a few weeks ago.
                      Who loses the most PT when Brantley returns?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                        Who loses the most PT when Brantley returns?
                        Jose Ramirez?

Comment

Jose Ramirez?
                          Ramirez has been playing very well, contributing offensively. They batted him fifth today.
                          With his ability to play most positions on the field, I think Francona finds him ABs.

(Bias transparency alert - I got him as the very last MI taken in my draft, a sneaky good pick so far)
                          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Brantley activated today, but is supposed to start tomorrow. Nothing like building your confidence by having your first game back against Ricky "BP" Nolasco.

Comment

Not sure he deserves his own thread. How much PT does Tyler Naquin get going forward? Our perpetual league winner is offering him. I'm skeptical because he's offered magic beans in the past (I have been wise enough to avoid). Our last major trade was Longoria for Shields 2 years ago.

He needs pitching. Team in sig. Gray/Walker are likely untouchable, which leaves Eovaldi, Porcello, Norris, Graveman, Young.

What is Naquin worth?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I wouldn't deal much for him, but since I'd consider Chris Young as addition by subtraction, I'd do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X