2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Any guesses on when Lindor gets the call? Jose Ramirez is playing okay. Does that factor in? Do they hold off until June?
    As long as Ramirez is doing ok and they don't need him at 2B/3B, I think they're happy to wait until the super 2 deadline passes.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      As long as Ramirez is doing ok and they don't need him at 2B/3B, I think they're happy to wait until the super 2 deadline passes.
      How about May 2016? (says the guy who just picked up Ramirez and is starting him at SS)
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

A bit more than 1/3 through the season, and Michael Brantley is looking human again: 27-4-37-8-.291/.430/.797

Better than 2013 by a bit, but not like 2014. Is this Brantley? Or is 2014 still a good possibility, if not this year, next year?
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Risk with Brantley is back problems. 2014 is possible, but I'm going to go with doubtful. Back issues are managed a lot better now than just 20 years ago, but they're still not good....
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

...Since returning full time to starting, Carlos Carrasco has made 40 starts with a 2.99 ERA and a 2.54 FIP. That’s an ERA- of 75, which would rank 12th in baseball over the last two years, between David Price and Max Scherzer. That’s a FIP- of 66, which would rank third in baseball over the last two years, between Jake Arrieta and Chris Sale...

In addition, he averages almost 95 mph and has over 50% ground ball rate.

I knew carrasco was pitching well, however, I didn't realize he was pitching this well.
            Last edited by wannabegriffey; 12-08-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
              ...Since returning full time to starting, Carlos Carrasco has made 40 starts with a 2.99 ERA and a 2.54 FIP. That’s an ERA- of 75, which would rank 12th in baseball over the last two years, between David Price and Max Scherzer. That’s a FIP- of 66, which would rank third in baseball over the last two years, between Jake Arrieta and Chris Sale...

In addition, he averages almost 95 mph and has over 50% ground rate.

I knew carrasco was pitching well, however, I didn't realize he was pitching this well.
              One of my big regrets is trading him this past season for a run at the title.

Almost as soon as I pulled the trigger on the deal, I regretted it...as I could have had him and Arrieta for $6 each!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Carrasco is better than Chris Archer. Yea, I said it.

and I LOVE Chris Archer to death as a player & a person

Comment

Who is more likely to get traded Carrasco, Salazar, both, or neither?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Who is more likely to get traded Carrasco, Salazar, both, or neither?
                    I'd say neither - the Indians arguably have a 5 years window, with good contracts through 2020 for all of Kipnis, Lindor, Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar (also Bauer, Gomes, Almonte, Cody Anderson).

imo they should try to sign both Dexter Fowler and Pedro Alvarez
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      I'd say neither - the Indians arguably have a 5 years window, with good contracts through 2020 for all of Kipnis, Lindor, Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar (also Bauer, Gomes, Almonte, Cody Anderson).

imo they should try to sign both Dexter Fowler and Pedro Alvarez
                      Thanks Controller!

Please check out my Dangerous AL trade thread. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

Talk about blowing an opportunity.....

Major League Baseball has suspended Abraham Almonte 80 games for testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance.
                        Almonte tested positive for Boldenone. The outfielder had been in line to serve a major role -- perhaps as the starting center fielder -- at least while Michael Brantley (shoulder) was out, but that's obviously not going to happen now. The newly-signed Will Venable is likely now poised for a bigger role and the Indians have also been connected to Austin Jackson.
                        Source: Indians.mlb.comFeb 26 - 4:10 PM

Comment

oooof

Safe to assume all three of Zimmer/Frazier/Bradley are opening this season at AA.
                          Opening the season with replacement-level outfield and 3B (and arguably 1B). Huge pressure on Michael Brantley's recovery.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Jose Ramirez starting to get some work in the outfield. Apparently the outfield of Chisenhall/Venable/Rajai Davis wasn't inspiring confidence.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how Jose Ramirez would inspire more confidence in Clevelands OF
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What in the everloving hell is wrong with the Indians?

After wrapping up the Cactus League with a promising 2.25 ERA and 19/4 K/BB in 20 innings... Trevor Bauer is going to the bullpen. Cody Anderson and Josh Tomlin have officially won the final two spots in the Indians' rotation

Comment

Working...
                                X