Clear All

• take it to the en fuego thread!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Dodgers take a Wisconsin SS in the first round.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Kershaw....damn.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Maeda drilled in the leg by a liner and left the game in obvious pain. If he goes down (and of course he will, he's a Dodgers pitcher) then even money that prospect Frankie Montas gets the call up from the minors.

Montas, you will recall, was acquired in the three way trade that also netted the Dodgers Trayce Thompson and Micah Johnson (for Peraza, Schebler, and Brandon Dixon to Reds and Todd Frazier to CHW). Montas looked destined for a role in the bullpen where he could throw 100 MPH every day but has been getting stretched out and has looked really, really great so far. He will be on a pitch limit and probably does not have a very long leash.

A whole slew of Dodger pitchers are getting healthy and getting close to return. I still think Montas gets the call if Maeda goes on the DL.
          Jose Deleon is back from injury. He'd only made two starts, three innings each, since returning from the DL, but he stuck out 6 each outing. He has struck out 21 in 11 innings this year. They probably want to get him some more time in the minors and stretch him out as well - have you heard anything about what the plans are for him ?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Once they're confident he's healthy and have a need in the rotation he'll probably get the call. He's already been out so long that an innings cap is somewhat irrelevant so they can ride him through the end of the season if they want.

Comment

• Come on Ryu!!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The window to buy low on Justin Turner is starting to close as he seems to be heating up.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Is Puig still in the league?

Comment

• He hit a homer in Hi-A the other day!

Comment

• Justin Turner is, dare I say, en fuego.

Comment

• Man, how good would Greinke look back in the Dodger uni? That's one of the biggest head scratchers of the off-season to me...they would be right there with the best 1-2 starters in baseball with the Giants, instead they have the best #1, and then four #5 starters. Yeah, it'll be better if/when Ryu and McCarthy come back and round into form, but by then it may be too late.
                        Last edited by Hornsby; 06-18-2016, 10:47 PM.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Man, how good would Greinke look back in the Dodger uni? That's one of the biggest head scratchers of the off-season to me
                          He would look great in the Dodger rotation, but certainly can't blame them for not giving a 6 year 206 million contract to a pitcher in his thirties. I certainly wouldn't have.

Comment

• Dodgers acquire Chris Taylor from the M's for Zach Lee.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Justin Turner is, dare I say, en fuego.
                              Turner you asshole. I guess though, I could have been patient and kept you while you sucked for two months. And it was probably due to the knee issue. So fuck me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                                He would look great in the Dodger rotation, but certainly can't blame them for not giving a 6 year 206 million contract to a pitcher in his thirties. I certainly wouldn't have.
                                I would have, he seems like the type of a guy who'll pitch deep into his 30's, IMO. Besides, he probably would have asked for another opt-out, so you'd be out from under in 3 years or less.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X