No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So getting back to the Dodgers for a sec, I was wondering how you guys feel about puig after how hes started this season. I know people were skeptical about him coming in, though he was a late riser in ADP. I think he looks like the player that people paid 2nd round picks for 2 years ago so far. Do you guys agree? Where do you see him landing in OF ranks ROS?

Comment

• Eld was pretty brutal, but I will say that what attracted me to this site many years ago was the intelligent insights provided by "insiders" (passionate fans of a team who live in that community and provide firsthand insights based on local media and their own observations) in the team threads. Ideally, they are a place where those most in the know can provide information and perspectives that are beneficial for all of us roto/fantasy folks.

It is also a place where those not in those communities, like Mith and I, can ask legitimate questions to those who are. A legitimate question about Ryu would have been, what is his timetable for return, and what can we expect from him when he does? I am pretty sure Mith would agree that the question/joke about Ryu wasn't necessary or helpful, especially given the mistake in the joke about where Ryu is from.

I'm not saying there isn't a place in the forums for more fluff posts or razzing, but the team threads are ones that many folks check in on specifically for the sort of insider info I mention above, so they aren't the ideal place for general jabs at those providing us that insider info, or general jabs at the teams they care about, unless there is a question attached, like, why is Turner sucking so bad, and will he lose his job because of it? Or an insight like, man, Turner sucks now--I noticed he is favoring his right leg and it seems to be affecting his swing. I bet he is hurt and hiding it. I'm gonna sit him until I see different.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-20-2016, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
        So getting back to the Dodgers for a sec, I was wondering how you guys feel about puig after how hes started this season. I know people were skeptical about him coming in, though he was a late riser in ADP. I think he looks like the player that people paid 2nd round picks for 2 years ago so far. Do you guys agree? Where do you see him landing in OF ranks ROS?
        I was pretty far out coming into the season but he looks great. I'm buying back in.

Comment

• The last few times I posted "so and so"sucks, they hit a HR!

I was hoping that trend continued. Sorry that was lost on you.

And as far as Ryu's ethnic background I just posted in haste and didnt do my homework. Although the last time someone called me Czech, while I'm Slovak, I didn't take offense
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Dodgerland was all atwitter about the exit velocity on Puig's batted balls. Can't remember exactly, but he had an average exit velocity of something like 104 MPH on all batted balls, including outs. Of course, that doesn't speak to the strikeouts but the kid has been smacking the ball hard when he makes contact.
            Do you get more points if the ball leaves the yard faster?

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am not criticizing Kershaw. I love the guy. He's my fantasy star.

But..the ridiculously lousy Braves lineup is hitting the crap out of Kershaw today. Only 1 run but 9 hits in 6 innings. Just goes to show that anything is possible.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I am not criticizing Kershaw. I love the guy. He's my fantasy star.

But..the ridiculously lousy Braves lineup is hitting the crap out of Kershaw today. Only 1 run but 9 hits in 6 innings. Just goes to show that anything is possible.
                most of the hits were ground balls that got through holes. Happens sometimes.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I am not criticizing Kershaw. I love the guy. He's my fantasy star.

I see his performance today as yet another testament to his greatness. Even though bats were finding the gaps, and guys were getting on base, he still pitched his team to victory, holding the Braves to 1 run, while striking out 10 of them.

Comment

Just goes to show that anything is possible.
                    I'm not sure that's what it shows ... I think it's more that you shouldn't apply large trends to small sample sizes ... otherwise you'll be surprised every time he throws a ball.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      I see his performance today as yet another testament to his greatness. Even though bats were finding the gaps, and guys were getting on base, he still pitched his team to victory, holding the Braves to 1 run, while striking out 10 of them.
                      I remember an interview with Roger Clemens where he said that games that he remember most fondly & was most proud of were the wins where the score ended up 7-6, where he didn't have control of his secondary pitches & he had to adapt throughout the game - and yet still won.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

First time in Kershaw's career that he's allowed double digit hits and gotten double digit strikeouts.

And how about that Yasmani Grandal guy? Dude is tied for the team lead in both doubles and walks and he's only had 23 PAs.
                        wow, the rest of the team must really suck.

Comment

They've been slumping at the plate recently for sure.
                          Can't play the Padres every day.....

Comment

• Pretty sure Mith was the one spouting "Kershaw sucks" and "Trout sucks" last year also. I try to ignore him for the most part since he sounds like a 12-year-old in his first year of fantasy sports.

Comment

• Anyone see Kershaw's 46 mph pitch today? lol

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                                Anyone see Kershaw's 46 mph pitch today? lol

http://es.pn/1WfVtXB
                                Thanks for sharing that. I love when pitchers sneak one of these by. And it looked like a strike to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X