• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton must not have agreed to an IL stint with Dodgeritis

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      James Outman goes back to Triple-A.
      And James Outman gets called back to the majors again. I think Outman would be a nice buy low acquisition for a contender at the trade deadline.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Shohei Ohtani, on Sunday, joined the 30/30 club.

With 33 HR and 31 SB on August 3, Shohei has a good shot at joining the more exclusive 40/40 club by the end of the season.
        Last edited by madducks; 08-04-2024, 09:00 AM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ohtani got his 36th HR and 33rd SB tonite. The Dodgers' played their 119th game, which puts them just short of the 3/4 mark of the season. He projects to get 49 HR and 45 SB. He would be the 6th 40-40 player in MLB history. (can he get 50-50?).

Comment

• Tyler Glasnow to the IL with right elbow tendinitis. He has pitched a career high 134 innings this season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
              Ohtani got his 36th HR and 33rd SB tonite. The Dodgers' played their 119th game, which puts them just short of the 3/4 mark of the season. He projects to get 49 HR and 45 SB. He would be the 6th 40-40 player in MLB history. (can he get 50-50?).
              I hope he gets 50-50.

He should pick up some sbs this weekend vs St.Louis as they have their issues with sbs.

Comment

Shohei Ohtani, on Sunday, joined the 30/30 club.

With 33 HR and 31 SB on August 3, Shohei has a good shot at joining the more exclusive 40/40 club by the end of the season.

I should have said by the end of the month. Shohei Ohtani homered and stole two bases on Saturday and is now up to 38 HR and 37 SB in 121 games (124 team).

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dodgers DFA Jason Heyward.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I should have said by the end of the month. Shohei Ohtani homered and stole two bases on Saturday and is now up to 38 HR and 37 SB in 121 games (124 team).
                    You should have said w more than a week to go in August. Tonite, Ohtani got his 40th SB and his 40th HR, a walkoff GS in the 9th. He becomes the 6th MLB player to achieve 40HR/40SB.in one season and is by far the earliest to do so. This was the Dodgers' 129th game and Ohtani now is on a pace to get exactly 50HR and 50 SB.

Comment

You should have said w more than a week to go in August. Tonite, Ohtani got his 40th SB and his 40th HR, a walkoff GS in the 9th. He becomes the 6th MLB player to achieve 40HR/40SB.in one season and is by far the earliest to do so. This was the Dodgers' 129th game and Ohtani now is on a pace to get exactly 50HR and 50 SB.
                      Wow! Ohtani does it in grand fashion!

The first 50/50 season ever would support the argument of Ohtani being the greatest player ever.

Barry Bonds and Brady Anderson are the only players to hit 50 home runs and steal 50 bases in "different" seasons. No one has ever done it in the same season. Eric Davis is the only player to come close to doing it in a 162 game span over two seasons when he hit 49 home runs and stole 93 bases in a 162 game span during the 1986 & 1987 seasons.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'm glad that Ohtani and Judge are in different leagues now. Because they both deserve an MVP award this season. Though it doesn't help Ozuna's chances.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Also, if Ohtani wins the MVP award in a year where he didn't pitch, it will quiet his detractors who say that his pitching contributions always give him an unfair edge in the voting.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Shohei Ohtani stole 3 bases tonight and now has 44 HR & 46 SB with 24 team games left to play. He was already the first player ever to go 43/43, so he is in uncharted territory now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Shohei Ohtani stole 3 bases tonight and now has 44 HR & 46 SB with 24 team games left to play. He was already the first player ever to go 43/43, so he is in uncharted territory now.
                              4 more SBs seems like a cinch. But can he get 6 more HRs?

Comment

4 more SBs seems like a cinch. But can he get 6 more HRs?
                                Based on HR/game, he's projected to hit 5 more. 6 is not a big number, especially with a 2 HR game somewhere. They have a good schedule the rest of the way with series against the Marlins and Rockies (2). He could hit 6 HR in those 9 games alone. I'll predict he hits #s 49 and 50 at Coors in their final series.
                                Last edited by virgonomic; 09-03-2024, 02:52 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X