No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Dodger organization doesnt take as much crap as it should. considering theyre outspending everyone and eating bad contracts like an o-lineman at a buffet, they regularly underachieve. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as they seem to constantly be overcrowded with position players who are either past their prime or kids who dont progress as quickly as they like. The bullpen behind Janson is shaky and the rotation is Kershaw and the Dodgerettes (although Maeda has been very good for the most part.). In a vacuum it was tough to pay Grienke that money but since they overpay for everyone else that are far less talented, it was dumb to draw a line in the sand with Grienke.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Turner you asshole. I guess though, I could have been patient and kept you while you sucked for two months. And it was probably due to the knee issue. So fuck me.
      Written by the patient owner of AJ Reed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I would have, he seems like the type of a guy who'll pitch deep into his 30's, IMO. Besides, he probably would have asked for another opt-out, so you'd be out from under in 3 years or less.
        he would only take the opt-out if he pitched great. if not, he opts in and you're on the hook for the rest of the contract....
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to seeing the nationally televised pitchers duel between Kershaw and Strasburg tonight. After all the ESPN hype it will probably turn into a slugfest lol.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            I'm really looking forward to seeing the nationally televised pitchers duel between Kershaw and Strasburg tonight. After all the ESPN hype it will probably turn into a slugfest lol.
            Is Kershaw due for clunker? An off night perhaps.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Is Kershaw due for clunker? An off night perhaps.
              You should bench him just to be safe.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Yeah, that deal already looks awful. I can't imagine how bad it's going to look six years from now. What's after awful? Horrendous? At this point we can pretty safely say that whatever the opposite of what Arizona did is probably the smart move.

The Dodgers lead the league by a HUGE margin in days lost to injury - nearly 100 more than any other team. Despite that, they are leading the wild card race because of their great depth. I'd venture to say that there is no other team in major league baseball that could have absorbed the kind of rash of injuries that the Dodgers have incurred and even have stayed above water. How's Arizona doing after they won the offseason so handily, by the way?
                You mean great depth of their bank account right?
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  As noted repeatedly, the only big contract the Dodgers have ever given anyone under the new regime was that given to Greinke. You can count Kershaw's extension, too, I suppose.

Oh, and since we're considering, perhaps we should consider that the Dodgers have the second best record in all of baseball since the new ownership purchased the team. And they have one of the best farm systems in baseball on top of it.

And their "shaky" bullpen has been among the best in baseball this year - http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...ter=&players=0

So has their "Dodgerette" rotation - http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...ter=&players=0
                  Yeah, it's pretty silly to claim the new ownership is failing to get the best bang for their buck when all the albatross contracts were from the previous regime. That's just lazy sportswriting when anyone tries to play that card.

And even though elD went with WAR for the bullpen, they're even tops in the NL in regular old ERA - http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/.../128/league/nl

The rotation's a bit more concerning, especially with the slow healing of the guys they're counting on - might need to trade for a stopgap at the deadline if things aren't looking up for Ryu/McCarthy/Anderson.

The real reason they're not blowing the doors off the place is the offense. Seager's been great and Trayce Thompson's been a nice surprise, but they're the only two hitters with an OPS over .800. AGon's power might have finally gone bye-bye, hopefully Turner's pulling things around, Grandal's not hitting the ball with authority, and the non-Joc/Trayce outfielders have been awful. Hopefully Ethier can come back soon to solidify the OF but if not they might need to go bargain hunting out there as well.

All this is just to say that I don't blame the front office for any "failings" of the team so far - they've had rotten injury luck and might have to start dealing with aging hitters at some point.

Comment

• In his last 60 days, Greinke has been vintage Greinke: 10-1, 2.88 ERA, and a 1.03 WHIP. I'd take my chances that he'd opt out after 3 years, provided that he's injury free.

Speaking of injuries...is it any surprise that you have rotten injury luck? Who besides the aging pitchers has really been hurt? You sign Ryu/McCarthy/Anderson, you're playing with fire. Maeda is another injury risk...might or might no happen, but that contract was a pretty good clue that they don't expect him to have 35 starts a year. And if you're counting on Either to fix the outfield problems, you're looking pretty desperate, IMO.

And the Bullpen has been very good, no question...but does anyone really expect Joe Blanton to be lights out the rest of the season? Jansen has admitted that he doesn't feel right, and if you're counting on Casey Fein to fill a valuable role, I fear you'll be disappointed.

To me, this is a club in transition, too many old guys, a couple of really good young guys, and nobody in the middle of the sandwich. I think that management did an OK job, nothing more, with the resources at their disposal...60+million to Hector Olivera, only to turn him into another injury risk in Alex Wood? They could have done better with all that cash, the minors look promising, but that won't be know for 5 years.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      I'm really looking forward to seeing the nationally televised pitchers duel between Kershaw and Strasburg tonight. After all the ESPN hype it will probably turn into a slugfest lol.
                      And Strasburg keeps his undefeated streak alive, scratched due to an upper back issue

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        And Strasburg keeps his undefeated streak alive, scratched due to an upper back issue
                        Man, what a major letdown that was. Who would have guessed that Locke vs Bumgarner would be the better matchup on Monday?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yeah I unfortunately placed a bet on the Nationals earlier in the day only to look up and see petite give up a bomb to Turner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                            Yeah I unfortunately placed a bet on the Nationals earlier in the day only to look up and see petite give up a bomb to Turner.
                            Why would you bet against Kershaw?

Comment

Why would you bet against Kershaw?
                              Anytime you get +185 on a pitcher of Strasburgs caliber, you take it. Plus the Dodgers offense hasn't been great lately. Kershaw is amazing but he gave up one run, Strasburg could easily have equaled or bested that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                                Anytime you get +185 on a pitcher of Strasburgs caliber, you take it. Plus the Dodgers offense hasn't been great lately. Kershaw is amazing but he gave up one run, Strasburg could easily have equaled or bested that.
                                Oh ok. i have no idea what +185 even means.

Comment

Working...
                                X