No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd roll on with Turner. The most favorable scenario for Moss is that the Cards deal Adams (there's rumors of a couple AL East teams poking at a deal), and Holliday gets hurt again. But that's the only path for him to get full time ABs.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Donnie Baseball with a nice backhand at his old team with a road sweep of the Dodgers. Gotta make him pretty happy...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Sorry ElD, but Turner still sucks.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Sorry ElD, but Turner still sucks.
          He looks awwwwwful at the plate right now - weak swings, letting clear strikes go by, just not doing anything positive. Not sure if the knee surgery has taken his legs out from under him or he's just in a slump but he'll need to snap out of it if he wants to keep getting at-bats.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Clayton Kershaw is not only the best pitcher in the world, he might be the best pitcher in a generation....maybe more. 9 IP, 3 hits, 0 walks, 14 Ks. He didn't even allow a three ball count until the 7th inning today. Third highest game score of his storied career today (95).
            He's a pussy. I mean, a Phillies pitcher even struck out 16 against the Padres.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Well, the offense is still in a horrific rut, the bullpen is the definition of shaky, three of the five starters don't look very good, but the Dodgers are somehow in 1st place (at .500, lol --- thanks NL West!) and Clayton Kershaw is not only the best pitcher in the world, he might be the best pitcher in a generation....maybe more. 9 IP, 3 hits, 0 walks, 14 Ks. He didn't even allow a three ball count until the 7th inning today. Third highest game score of his storied career today (95).
              Dude really is a man among boys out there. My biggest regret is not giving him a max contract when I had the chance way back when. It may be right 99 out of a 100 not to extend pitchers multiple years, but I knew he was special and I wimped out. A case could be made that he has been the most valuable player in baseball since he started his career. When the dust settles, Kershaw is likely be a consensus top 10 pitcher of all time. He is the only guy pitching today that I'd bet money on making it to 300+ wins (I know, wins are a horrible indicator of his greatness, but when you get that high up there, it is still an easy shorthand benchmark for greatness and longevity...I think he gets to 4,000 Ks too).

Comment

Kenta Maeda with the best first four starts in the history of baseball. Dude's pretty damn good so far.
                Going to see the Dodgers/Jays here at the Rogers Centre Friday night ... I'm pretty sure I haven't seen them in person before!

Maeda vs. Stroman - should be a good one.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  Going to see the Dodgers/Jays here at the Rogers Centre Friday night ... I'm pretty sure I haven't seen them in person before!

Maeda vs. Stroman - should be a good one.
                  Oooo, nice matchup - enjoy!

Comment

• Love this story. So the Dodgers played in Tampa on Wed night, then flew to Toronto & had an off day here. So what did they do ... first thing in the am, Yasiel Puig & Adrian Gonzales went fishing in Lake Ontario.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• well, Yasiel Puig is really enjoying himself here in Toronto ... he was also at the Raptors-Heat game last night, and today he went for a walk on the CN Tower ... for context the white building in the background is 72 floors ...

Comment

• Well, this is going to be interesting...

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts says the team is considering promoting one of baseball’s top prospects, lefty Julio Urias, to join its bullpen, J.P. Hoornstra of the Southern California News Group tweets. “We’re looking through options and (Julio) Urias is definitely at the top of the list,” Hoornstra says. The team could also promote Jharel Cotton or Jose De Leon instead, however, as Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles times notes (also on Twitter).
                        Dodgers manager Dave Roberts says the team is considering promoting one of baseball's top prospects, lefty Julio Urias, to join …

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Well, this is going to be interesting...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...lio-urias.html
                          I just saw this and im a little puzzled by it. As arguably the best starting pitching prospect in the game, widely considered a "protege", wouldnt you want to cement his mentality as an MLB starter? I assume that they are considering this as an option to limit his innings and potentially get him acclimated to MLB hitters while limiting the risk of blowups(if he pitches an average of 2 IP per outing, rather than 6, he has less chances to fail because hes just not throwing as many pitches/potential mistakes) Given their huge need for starting pitching too, I just dont see the reasoning given the caliber of his talent. Granted, the Dodgers organization definitely has much more expertise and knowledge in these matters than I.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                            I just saw this and im a little puzzled by it. As arguably the best starting pitching prospect in the game, widely considered a "protege", wouldnt you want to cement his mentality as an MLB starter? I assume that they are considering this as an option to limit his innings and potentially get him acclimated to MLB hitters while limiting the risk of blowups(if he pitches an average of 2 IP per outing, rather than 6, he has less chances to fail because hes just not throwing as many pitches/potential mistakes) Given their huge need for starting pitching too, I just dont see the reasoning given the caliber of his talent. Granted, the Dodgers organization definitely has much more expertise and knowledge in these matters than I.
                            Don't forget that the White Sox used Sale as a closer for a season...roughly 70 innings. The next year he was a starter with 200 innings pitched. It's a nice stepping stone for the kid to pitch 50-70 innings with little pressure, learn from a guy like Kershaw, and get acclimated to travelling the big league way.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Yeah, thats what i figured, but wouldnt he be a potential gamer changer as a starter for them? I feel like he could definitely put them over the edge in that division. It is an even year after all so they may need all the help they can get...

Comment

• I'm betting that after the Dodgers initially use Urias out of the bullpen they will give him a few starts in September. He may even be available to start in October if they keep his innings down.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X