2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    My two top SPs are Kershaw and Greinke, so all is right with the world. ok, I've been focked out of a dozen wins on brilliantly-pitched games (Greinke all year, Kershaw since June), which has focked me out of 4 pts in Ws even as I chase the league's all-time ERA and Ratio records.

I assume the Dodgers will never score for them, and blow any late lead the bullpen gets for either of them, and that soothes me as it happens time and again.....

Greinke has 23 quality starts in 25 tries - and 13 wins (including his 4 games before yesterday, so the jinx is lessening). in 17 of those games, he allowed 0 run or 1 R, plus 3 allowing 2 R and 3 allowing 3 R.

Kershaw has 21 quality starts in 25 tries - and 10 wins. all but one of the misses was in April/May. he only has 12 games of 0 R or 1 R, plus 4 2 R and 5 3 R games (again, most of those early).

those win totals seem a little.... low
    Wins are a terrible stat. We're switching to WQS (W + QS) next season. QS aren't great either but combining them both lessens turns each into a 1/2 stat and eases the pain.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Corey Seager gets the call. Will he play over Rollins?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Corey Seager gets the call. Will he play over Rollins?
        Maybe 1-2 times per week at SS and 1-2 times per week at 3B. With Peraza and Turner banged up they needed some depth.

Comment

Corey Seager gets the call. Will he play over Rollins?
          Yeah, seems like a good time to show him what he'll see next year, see Young Joc for a blueprint of what's likely to happen...overkill pretty much nailed it.

In other news, how about that knifing of the Giants?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Is Puig still in mlb?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Last year's pennant winner in our league dealt away a cheap Puig to me to clinch the title.
              This year, I dealt away a cheap Puig - with the same result.

#justsayin
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Latos DFA

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Gotta agree with this sentiment, particularly at the time it was made, but tip of the cap to Brett Anderson who just finished the year with 180 IP and 31 starts with decent stats. Now, the question really is.....would you keep a $1 Anderson in a 16 team mixed 5x5?
                  I remember wishing I hadn't wasted money on Bobby Parnell and Sergio Romo so I could have bid on Anderson. Not a whole lot of upside in keeping him, but if you don't have any better keepers he wouldn't hurt you either.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Now, the question really is.....would you keep a $1 Anderson in a 16 team mixed 5x5?
                    playing with fire. I wouldnt in a mixed.

Comment

• Any idea where Alex Guerrero fits in on this team next season? At age 29 he seems to have enough talent to put up some good numbers if he plays everyday next year. Does he become a starter for the Dodgers, remain on the bench, or get traded?
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In case anyone hasn't seen the news, the inevitable split between Mattingly & the Dodgers occurred today. Good luck, Hit Man!

Comment

Good guy, good players' manager, but a pretty crappy manager overall.
                          Bring in Steve Garvey!
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• The leading candidate is rumored to be......Gabe Kapler???

Comment

The leading candidate is rumored to be......Gabe Kapler???
                              Who knew that playing and commentating on poker would prepare you to manage in the major leagues.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I'm voting for Ned Colleti
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X