2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dodgers.jpg

This is the Dodgers' depth chart on fangraphs. Yes I did just pick Carlos Frias as the 682nd overall pick in my NFBC draft. That's a lot of crosses.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Heh. He may be the last man standing from Coors Field's pre-humidor era. When young Jamey was on, his hard sinker was pretty impressive - it had a torque that reminded me a lot of Kevin Brown's. Unfortunately, he never had Kevin Brown's command, and when he left it up - KAPOW! And all those walks... oy vey.

Still, I've always admired his persistence. He took a lot of beatings at Coors, but it never seemed to get in his head like it did with a lot of other pitchers. I have a soft spot for grinders, and he was the consummate grinder. He got a lot of mileage out of his fairly limited talent, and it pleased me to see him hang in there for as long as he did. Fare thee well, Jamey!
      You look quite a bit like a guy who used to frequent this site...how's life?
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• 04.01: Dodgers manager Dave Roberts confirmed Friday that Ross Stripling will begin the season as the club's fifth starter. (He'll hold down the fort until Hyun-Jin Ryu or Mike Bolsinger are ready to return from injury. His fantasy value, even in the interim, figures to be fairly low outside of NL-only formats.)
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I'm pleasantly surprised that Stripling is being given a chance. Frias showed flashes of brilliance last year but more often than not threw way too many pitches and was out of the game after 5 innings. Stripling would really have to impress in his first few starts to warrant a long-term role this year but I'll be watching closely when he's on the mound.

Comment

• And in one swing, picher Kenta Maeda has generated more offense than the entire San Diego team has in 22 innings.

Comment

• Damn, the Dodgers going for their 4th straight shutout....

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Nice jink, jerkface.
                It was almost instantaneous.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Nicely done. The entire pitching staff Three Mile Islanded on that jink.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    please remain on standby today
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Puig batting second tonight. Lets see where he sticks when all the lefties join the lineup next game

Comment

• Hey Dodger fans, what do you make of Thompson?

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          Hey Dodger fans, what do you make of Thompson?
                          So far he seems to be in a clear platoon with Pederson, much to this Pederson owner's dismay.

Comment

• Hey Turner hit a HR already! !
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I almost feel sorry for the guy who has to replace Vin Scully next year. That is going to be one tough gig.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                I almost feel sorry for the guy who has to replace Vin Scully next year. That is going to be one tough gig.
                                Oh geez, yeah. Tough shoes to fill. And it'll probably be TWO guys.

People on the East Coast probably don't realize how good we have it out here, when it comes to guys in the booth. Scully is the greatest EVER. And there is no one today even close. SF has the Miller/Fleming/Krukow/Kuiper quartet which has a Hall of Famer and is probably the best team in the business, and then Dick Enberg, a consummate pro, is in his last season in San Diego. When Scully and Enberg both retire after this season, the whole state of sports broadcasting in California takes a serious dip.

Comment

Working...
                                X