No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Wood goes down....Beachy, Bolsinger? Trade?

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      If Wood goes down....Beachy, Bolsinger? Trade?
      also Zach Lee and Jose De Leon.

Comment

• Wood had enough red flags already, so this isn't exactly heartwarming. You always have too much pitching depth until you don't have enough pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Corey Seager avoids a major injury, but will miss up to 2 weeks with a knee sprain.
          The entire left side of the Dodgers infield (Seager, Turner, Guerrero) is having knee issues this spring. Maybe they should DFA the groundskeeper.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What's your take on Mike Bolsinger?

I need to make a WW pickup when rosters declare. Bolsinger and Joe Kelley are intriguing.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• CBS:
              Los Angeles Dodgers left-hander Hyun-jin Ryu isn't expected to appear in a spring game, and manager Dave Roberts says it's unrealistic to believe he'll be able to pitch in May.

Comment

• Beachy and Bolsinger now both nicked up...ELD next in line for 5th starter spot.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Dodgers manager Dave Roberts admitted Sunday that Mike Bolsinger is dealing with a minor oblique injury and could begin the season on the disabled list.
                  That means that the competition for the fifth spot in the Dodgers' starting rotation is back up for grabs. Carlos Frias and Zach Lee are the most likely candidates to fill that role. It's a group that has been ravaged by injuries. Clayton Kershaw may have to throw 400 innings this season.
                  Source: Bill Plunkett on Twitter
                  Mar 20 - 8:45 PM
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Dodgers injury of the day, forearm re-aggravation for Yasmany Grandal, going to see the Doc...per Andy McCulloch on twitter.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• is there any chance that Turner qualifies at a position other than 3B this year? I have an open slot in a 12-mixed and for some reason he's available. I think he's clearly the best available player (other options are Napoli, Beltran, AsCabrera, Tomas) but I do already have Donaldson and Bryant.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        It's possible, and a little more possible now that Kendrick is hurt, but doubtful. It's certainly not part of any plan the Dodgers have.
                        Agree, but with that list of available hitters and having two stud 3Bs, I'd still pick up Turner.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The recent LA Times article on Jamey Wright retiring was a nice one.

Jamey Wright stood near his locker as he prepared to exit the Dodgers clubhouse for the final time as a player.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Agree, but with that list of available hitters and having two stud 3Bs, I'd still pick up Turner.
                            Yep. What he said.

Comment

The recent LA Times article on Jamey Wright retiring was a nice one.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...329-story.html
                              Nice story, but homestly, that guy has to be the crappiest righty to have stuck around as long as he did.

Comment

The recent LA Times article on Jamey Wright retiring was a nice one.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...329-story.html
                                Heh. He may be the last man standing from Coors Field's pre-humidor era. When young Jamey was on, his hard sinker was pretty impressive - it had a torque that reminded me a lot of Kevin Brown's. Unfortunately, he never had Kevin Brown's command, and when he left it up - KAPOW! And all those walks... oy vey.

Still, I've always admired his persistence. He took a lot of beatings at Coors, but it never seemed to get in his head like it did with a lot of other pitchers. I have a soft spot for grinders, and he was the consummate grinder. He got a lot of mileage out of his fairly limited talent, and it pleased me to see him hang in there for as long as he did. Fare thee well, Jamey!
                                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X