No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a lurker who is amused by how much of a trainwreck that thread has become.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I'm still betting on "slightly worse than last year," at least in terms of ratio stats. He should get more innings and Ks. Some regression of historic all-time levels is to be expected, and should have been baked into his auction price. You can hope he matches or improves an a career year, but to expect it is courting disappointment. But yeah, he is still a stud. Nothing for anyone to worry about who paid a reasonable sum for him.
      So, I guess I underestimated just how amazing Kershaw is by betting on even a slight regression from last year's historic year. After some early doom and gloom, this guy has been just as amazing as ever. I feel like he has been overshadowed by Greinke's historic run, and nothing irks me more about watching PTI than Tony and Mike bashing Kershaw for not being great anymore, as they have done several times this year. Those sort of comments, based entirely on a couple of subpar performances, and an era over 3 for some of the year (it is now down to 2.68 though, so maybe they'll get off that crap now), show just how little they understand the game. I like watching those two, but they, and especially Wilbon, are especially ignorant when it comes to what he derisively calls "advanced stats" (basically anything that isn't era or wins for a pitcher for Wilbon, or BA, HRs or RBis for a hitter). It really pisses me off, because they are where a lot of casual fans get their info, and that means some people are running around thinking Kershaw isn't the greatest pitcher of his generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Brett Anderson goes down with an irritated Achilles. Guy was doing a pretty great job but was probably on borrowed time.
        Trade for Hamels, please.

Signed,

Hamels NL only owner
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post

Signed,

Hamels NL only owner
          You and me both brother. And for that matter Cueto and Papelbon (not all to the Dodgers, just stay in the NL )

Comment

Signed,

Hamels NL only owner

Agreed, although I must say I'm a bit disturbed by his apparent psychological fragility. Pitching like crap is NOT a good way to increase your trade value...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I've got Kershaw and Greinke going against the Mets the next two nights, lol
              might even show up in person to see Kershaw. have been to thousands of sporting events, but have not attended a no-hitter...
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Agreed, although I must say I'm a bit disturbed by his apparent psychological fragility. Pitching like crap is NOT a good way to increase your trade value...
                I know, it's not fun. I need him to pitch better. But I figure that if he doesn't get traded he'll settle down knowing that he won't be traded until the off season so there is only one, maybe two more starts where he could suck.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I know, it's not fun. I need him to pitch better. But I figure that if he doesn't get traded he'll settle down knowing that he won't be traded until the off season so there is only one, maybe two more starts where he could suck.
                  Man,from your lips to his ears Buck...he really needs to show up from here on out.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So Greinke's wife had the baby, I believe, reports from 12-24 hours ago indicated he wouldn't be in NY in time to make start tonight, but I'm in a daily league with a salary cap, and sure don't want to screw up. Any confirmation more recently? Dodger beat writer I should be following on twitter? Thank you for any last minute help

Comment

3 hit, 11 K shutout tonight.
                      The rotoworld blurb on this was hilarious.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

He will not start tonight. Ian :shudder: Thomas will start.

Dylan Hernandez is a good Dodger guy to follow.
                        It's the Mets, I would still be on no hitter watch.

Comment

He will not start tonight. Ian :shudder: Thomas will start.

Dylan Hernandez is a good Dodger guy to follow.
                          Thank you much! And sure enough, Hernandez tweeted the transaction putting Greinke officially on paternity list shortly after you posted. Thanks again for helping me confirm.

Comment

• the only nitpick is that before the 1980s, those pitchers would always complete those games - and if they allowed a run or a walk, they get bounced from this stat a LITTLE unfairly. only a little.

this one is actually less cherry-picked than most these days, which compare pitchers who get to exit before or as they tire, compared to those who kept on chugging. not gonna lie though, my team not hating July with Kershaw and Greinke!
                            Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-24-2015, 04:54 PM.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• How about Justin Turner! .327/.389/.569 His SS eligibility is icing.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                How about Justin Turner! .327/.389/.569 His SS eligibility is icing.
                                I just wish he would get some more time at SS so he could be eligible there next year in my keeper league (5 starts/10 games). Although with the way he's hitting, he's a pretty good keeper at 3B too.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X