No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I don't think anyone questions Puig's skills. As Pogues points out, if he ever stays healthy all year, I'm sure the counting stats will be there, and he will be a roto/fantasy stud, as he already has been in spurts.

In my league, the guys with the talent always go for top dollar, even if their final numbers end up in line with lesser players year after year. So Puig is someone I'd shy away from, just in the context of my league, and the premium others pay for the "what if he stays healthy" projection. In a league that, rightly I think, discounts a guy for not consistently putting it all together for a full season, he could be a bargain in any given year as he puts up MVP numbers. But he is also likely to under-earn his salary more often than not, if you aren't discounting him based on the risk he has shown so far.

Puig reminds me a little of JD Drew. Drew always had tremendous talent, which showed in his OPS, but got banged up almost every year, missed some games, played hurt in some other games, and rarely put up the final numbers people expected, based on talent. But in my league, people were bidding him up expecting his 2004 year every year, so I never got him, and I never regretted that, even in 2004.

Of course, Puig is still young, and if he ever strings together 2+ seasons of 145+ games of top performance, he will then deserve to be auctioned and drafted as the first round talent he is. But I wouldn't pay first round prices on someone who has put up first round numbers consistently yet.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-29-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• went thru all of these machinations before dealing away Puig yesterday

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...highlight=puig
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Case #1,539,207 of why replay is a joke...

Tomas hit one to deep left that a fan CLEARLY reached over the fence and it hit his wrist and bounced over the wall. Dodgers immediately challenge it but for whatever reason the call stands. I could tell as soon as the play happened that it was fan interference and on replay it was pretty damn obvious (although the camera work sucked). Not sure what the solution is (besides allowing common fucking sense to prevail) but this system is not working even close to 100% yet.

Comment

• Inside the Los Angeles Dodgers' clubhouse, the contempt some teammates hold for outfielder Yasiel Puig is no longer a secret limited to whispers. "We've talked about this," one Dodgers player told Yahoo Sports. Stories of Puig's ability to infuriate teammates have percolated through baseball since he shot to fame as a rookie in 2013 and cemented himself last season as one of baseball's greatest talents.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Puig immature? This says otherwise: http://www.influx.com.br/blog/wp-con...02/Pb3wfLI.jpg
            Well that clears that up

Comment

• None too surprising, Greinke is at the center of a lot of these issues with Puig. Zach has plenty of his own, uh, issues. If you gave Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory a great arm and an occasional tendency to engage in physical violence, you'd be pretty close to Greinke.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• not regretting my Puig trade, especially since "my" new clubhouse has Greinke outranking my new Kershaw.

and Greinke seems a lot more manageable than Puig
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Puig....all that talent and barely rosterable in 5x5 Roto.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Puig....all that talent and barely rosterable in 5x5 Roto.
                    He's just had some bad luck !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Greinke's scoreless streak up to 43 2/3 IP. Is he in the midst of one of the greatest pitching seasons ever?

Comment

I notice you've stirred the pot quite a bit on this topic in the Rotoworld forums.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

It probably has something to do with whatever country he is from.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            He has made himself untold bazillions of dollars by doing this in his opt-out year.
                            I forgot about that. Good news for you is Greinke likes stability, so while the Dodgers might have to increase the size of the cash truck a bit, I think he'll favor staying in LA
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• And if there's any team that will have no problem increasing the size of the cash truck, it's the Dodgers.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                I notice you've stirred the pot quite a bit on this topic in the Rotoworld forums.
                                Well he sucks for 5x5 fantasy baseball. And quite a few others stirred that pot too.

Are you a lurker or poster over there?
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X