2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    He has a great bat off the bench but let's not get carried away with hyperbole. He's done well in an extremely small sample size and that's all.

Edit: for someone seemingly unconcerned with small sample sizes, it's odd to overlook his -42.7 UZR/150.
    I'm pretty much with Pauly on this one. He's en fuego, and the Dodgers at worst should showcase him while he's hot for a trade. Even if his glove sucks, some hitting starved AL teams would have to be interested in him.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• His bat is obviously the real deal...but his defense must be so atrocious that they just can't play him more than once a week or so. I can see about 4 spots in the NL where he'd be a fit, either in the OF or at 3rd. I can see Milwaukee, Atlanta, Philly, and maybe Miami. And that's not even going the obvious DH opportunities for a deal in the AL.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Clinging to this notion of not playing Guerrero is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
        From what I have read, his infield defense has been solid. Did his start at 3B mean he is pushing Uribe, who is not hitting his weight, much less mine?

While we're talking Dodgers, any have some insight into Yimi Garcia? He appears to be their best bullpen pitcher right now?

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-23-2015, 08:49 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I also Think that the chances he's traded are very close to zero.
          Warum?

Comment

• Ich Verstehe. Or is it kenne? Maybe, ich sehe.

Ich habe seit einem jahr Deutsche studiert, aber ich weiss es nicht.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Edit: Eingetauscht? Gehandelt? Not sure which one means "traded" in the baseball sense.
              Gehandelt, glaube ich.

Comment

• Dodger bullpen was underwhelming in the Giants series
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Looks like Joel Peralta might go to the DL for a dead arm. I'm guessing that Yimi Garcia gets the lion's share of saves, with a smidge of Chris Hatcher mixed in, until Kenley returns in a couple weeks.
                  That's what closermonkey said.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    That's what closermonkey said.
                    Man, I've argued with elD a lot, but I've never called him a monkey before.

Comment

• Man, I can't remember the Dodgers ever having a better bench than they have right now. Van Slyke, Guerrero, and Ethier could start for at least half the teams in the league right now and Turner is one of the best utility infielders out there.

Comment

They're reporting that Brandon McCarthy experienced "right elbow tightness". He was shaking his arm as he got pulled from the game.
                        McCarthy "hopes it's just tendinitis". Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          McCarthy "hopes it's just tendinitis". Ouch.

It may explain, at least partially, why he's experienced such an increase in K's. IIRC, the D'Backs forbid him from throwing the cutter, which he resurrected in NY last year...he get's the long term deal and BOOM, his arm goes. Hopefully, it just IS tendinitis, but I don't like the looks of it...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Puig & Joel Peralta to the DL.

Comment

• Hyun-Jin Ryu threw 20 fastballs in a bullpen session Sunday. It was the first time he has thrown since mid-March

Comment

Yeesh, pretty rough run of luck in the last couple days. Ryu getting back into the rotation can't happen soon enough.
                                Yeah, but if any team can absorb losses to their OF and can afford front-line pitching down the stretch, it these Dodgers. I doubt this slows them down at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X