2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
    Tell me why the Dodgers paid money for Alex Guerrero? He has been excellent in Spring training hitting wise. So why does it seem the Dodgers are going out of their way to keep him from starting? Is Kendrick that much better of an option than Guerrero at 2B? And Uribe at 3b? Is his glove THAT bad?

Thanks!
    At least they traded Gordon to open up a spot for............Kendrick.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      At least they traded Gordon to open up a spot for............Kendrick.
      the guerrero situation notwithstanding, i like the kendrick acquisition for them. he's not going to steal 40 bases, but he'll steal 10-15, and i'll take his career ~110 OPS+ over gordon's career ~85 OPS+ any day, and i'll also take kendrick's defense over gordon's. so i respectfully disagree with the intimation that acquiring kendrick was a mistake, madducks.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
        the guerrero situation notwithstanding, i like the kendrick acquisition for them. he's not going to steal 40 bases, but he'll steal 10-15, and i'll take his career ~110 OPS+ over gordon's career ~85 OPS+ any day, and i'll also take kendrick's defense over gordon's. so i respectfully disagree with the intimation that acquiring kendrick was a mistake, madducks.
        But why get Kendrick at all if they had Guerrero?

Comment

• As soon as they traded Gordon I assumed it meant Guerrero would get a shot so I was pretty surprised when they turned around and traded for Kendrick. The problem seems to be that the new regime values defense and Guerrero is apparently a butcher (haven't seen him play much).

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Guerrero is just not a great baseball asset --- he can't play enough defense to justify putting him in the lineup everyday. That said, he has been working on his defense and has looked passable as of late. Guerrero is admired by the fantasy world because he looks like he might hit at a scarce position but he's clearly never been a priority for this new Dodgers regime (just like Arruebarruena). I still think that Guerrero will get some decent ABs for a backup this year. But Kendrick is clearly a better option at 2B and has the resume to prove it.
            True, but is Guerrero better than a 36-year-old journeyman 3B? I say yes.

Edit: Well maybe he's better than "journeyman" but he's still 36

Comment

But why get Kendrick at all if they had Guerrero?
              That was the point i was trying to make.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Guerrero is just not a great baseball asset --- he can't play enough defense to justify putting him in the lineup everyday. That said, he has been working on his defense and has looked passable as of late. Guerrero is admired by the fantasy world because he looks like he might hit at a scarce position but he's clearly never been a priority for this new Dodgers regime (just like Arruebarruena). I still think that Guerrero will get some decent ABs for a backup this year. But Kendrick is clearly a better option at 2B and has the resume to prove it.
                Then why was he signed for $28 million ?

Comment

Then why was he signed for $28 million ?
                  Have you not read El D's multiple rants about Ned Coletti?
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Plus points for spelling out Arruebarruena.

Comment

The guy who was a top 10 3B last year even though he only appeared in 404 PAs? No, it's pretty safe to say that Guerrero is not better than that.

To put that in context, Uribe had a higher WAR than Even Longoria last year. He had a higher WAR than Pablo Sandoval, who got a nine figure contract in the offseason.
                      yep, I don't understand the lack of Uribe love, hits fine against RHP and LHP, and plays great defense at 3rd. He's the player I own the most in fantasy and SIM leagues
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Howie Kendrick hitting cleanup? To my untrained eye, shouldnt Puig and Kendrick be swapped in this lineup? Kendrick is a great #2 hitter, no?

1. Jimmy Rollins (S) SS
                        2. Yasiel Puig (R) RF
                        3. Adrian Gonzalez (L) 1B
                        4. Howie Kendrick (R) 2B
                        5. Carl Crawford (L) LF
                        6. Juan Uribe (R) 3B
                        7. Joc Pederson (L) CF
                        8. A.J. Ellis (R) C
                        9. Clayton Kershaw (L) P

Comment

• Best hitter hits 2nd. So says the new sabermetrics.

I am not sure new sabermetrics wants Rollins' OBP at the top of the lineup though.

Comment

• Is Ellis the personal catcher for Kershaw, or is this a veteran-deference thing?
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I think the Dodgers are hoping that Mattingly is their Joe Torre. When the Yankees were good, managing the egos was a lot more important than the Xs and Os. Mattingly seems like he has that kind of personality. He just needs the overwhelming talent that Joe had.

Comment

• Oh My, Jimmy Rollins says " It's nice to be in LA" with a 3 run bomb!
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X